Your favourite perennials for weddings?

Reaction score
I've recently began to plan my wedding and I cannot pick a perennial that I like best (nor do I know too many) for my wedding flowers. I was hoping that some of you experts could help me out with your favourite wedding flowers :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Best wishes!:D I really, really love roses, I find them the most beautiful and romantic:

wedding-bouquets-roses-3.jpg

Tulips are a wonderful idea too:D :

132711-white-tulip-wedding-flowers-2.jpg

132711-white-tulip-wedding-flowers.jpg

Reaction score
Best wishes!:D I really, really love roses, I find them the most beautiful and romantic:
Tulips are a wonderful idea too:D :

Thank you & thanks for those gorgeous pictures Claudine! I, too considered roses but I feel like they are a bit over done. I'm not sure if that's because they are too traditional or because mostly everyone loves them. I just feel like although romantic, they might be a bit impersonal. I also like tulips but I find that it's hard to find one's that are opening perfectly or how you would like them to. I've been thinking of tiger lilies, as they are less common and less traditional.They slightly worry me though, because I know that they are kind of messy. They also give more of an autumn feel, in my opinion :p

images

images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm sure tiger lilies will make a very unique and pretty wedding bouquet:D . What kind of dress will you have? I think they will look lovely with something simple. These are so pretty:

wedding-boquet.jpg

Reaction score
You should definitely go with the tiger lily, especially since you want something a little bit out of the ordinary. They come in just about any color imaginable, which is a good quality for matching up with your wedding colors. My absolute favorite is the orange but who has an orange wedding? Anyway, Congratulations!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm sure orange tiger lilies will look very pretty with white dress - they're so exotic:) . And you can decorate a wedding cake with them:

TigerLilyWedding.jpg

mango-tango-calla-lilies-tiger-lilies-real-touch-wedding-bouquet-full-view.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I just found this beautiful picture and I want to share - hydrangeas can make a beautiful, romantic wedding bouquet! I would like to have a bouquet like this - but with pink or violet hydrangeas instead of blue ones:

white-waxflowers-larkspurs-and-hydrangeas.jpg

Reaction score
Congratulations!
Here is something I thought looked delicate pretty and exotic
143326-exotic-wedding-bouquets-2.jpg

I could never pass up an orchid bouquet!
BH011.jpg

and one more for some color
vanda-orchid-purple-bouquet-ffce.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think lilac is perfect for this occasion too - and it has such a beautiful scent!

heather-lilac-wedding-bouquet.jpg

PrettyWedding_post20110527_InspiracjeZBzem_11.jpg

Reaction score
Hydrangeas are so beautiful for bridal bouquets, especially if you mix some other flowers in with it. I think they can be very romantic and elegant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These boquets are beyond gorgeous, I love how vivid and romantic they look. They're a little messy, but in a good way. I think that it's a very inspiring picture so I want to share it with you:

PW-Bukiety-Slubne-na-Lato-1.jpg

Reaction score
I love mini carnations. They come in so many striking colors. I have designed wedding flowers for years. Too many to mention here. Carnations are some of the most versitile.

Maybe go with a unique shape of bouquet. I did a full round sphere bouquet once. It was suspended from double grosgrain ribbons. Spectacular look. Nobody at the wedding had ever seen one before. Made a smaller, plainer version for her throwaway. She tossed it like she was shooting a basketball. It was great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
VirtuallyOpinionated, this sounds wonderful:D

How about hyacinths? They look really pretty and they smell heavenly so I'm pretty sure they would make a lovely wedding bouquet. Here are some gorgeous inspirations:

tulip-hyacinth-bridal-bouquet-Bouquet-Weddnig-Flower.jpg

spring_white_tulip_hyacinth_wedding_flowers.jpg

Reaction score
Lilies and Hydrangias are my favourite. I used to work in a flower shop and loved when I recieved a wedding bouquet order for those flowers. Lovely fillers are Caspia and Status, they go wonderfully with those flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would like to work in a flower shop, it sounds like a really lovely job, especially if you receive a lot of wedding bouquet orders. You're lucky, Treeca86:)
Baby's breath makes a beautiful and very subtle wedding bouquet:

wedding-submission-post-draft-2235910.jpg

Ask a Question