Which grow light should I get?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a cabinet I am setting up to grow in. It is 39.5” H x 32.5” L x 19” W. I currently have bought this light:

VIVOSUN 160W https://a.co/d/9jAzpNl

But I am thinking to buy this one instead:

VIVOSUN VS1000 https://a.co/d/hIiUeLJ

Do you think the bottom one is better? I am mainly thinking to purchase it because it has a controller port so I want to buy a PAR meter and hook it up to the grow light so I can have more control over the light output vs just a dimming switch.

I want to do this because I think light is one of the key ingredients in raising good strong plants so I want to dial it in. Also because you have to adjust the height of the light or dim it as the plants start to get taller cuz they get closer to the light.

Let me know. Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had very bad dealing with Vivosun. They last a few months but the company is pretty good about replacing their junk with more junk.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I prefer mars hydro because it's been around a long time and the customer service is amazing. But spider farmer seems to be the best as far as reviews. I use 600's but mostly use for starting plants that go outside. I would stay away from anything with built in cooling fans, they are obsolete and the first thing that usually needs to be replaced.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I can't get to it but Vivosun quit 3X on me looking for what I had.

Anyway I got a Light 2X as big for the same price.

I hope it will work like I want.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got two Bloom Plus LEDs that are only 130 watts each. The total wattage together is 250 watts and heats up my garden space a little too much. So I just use one at a time with almost no heat. I have it over my Ficus benjamin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Use an oscillating Fan your plants will like it and it will help keep it cooler.

Plants love light and the more they get they will respond.

I moved mine out of the Greenhouse because of heat but have found I can keep it just barley cool enough with Fans and such but they are actually better outside.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
That was interesting. My wife slipped out doing some watering. Ok not the way I do.

She told me to do the Chickens. Well Butchering ones needed water and food but I had bought a bale of Straw last week because I was putting Straw down every day. It hadn't been cut. So I put Straw down. I use a 5 gallon bucket for feed. Not my wife she was using a Coffee Can.

She said the Laying Hens had enough water that was a matter of opinion. I was getting feed to fill their Feeder. My wife said they have enough. I told her not enough to do through the Lord's day. Well I'll fill it tonight.

She told me to go set down that it isn't worth arguing everything is good enough.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got two Bloom Plus LEDs that are only 130 watts each. The total wattage together is 250 watts and heats up my garden space a little too much. So I just use one at a time with almost no heat. I have it over my Ficus benjamin.
LOL My smallest one is Full Spectrum 400W LED. My largest is 750W. You need to have them in another room they are very bright.

And I have mine on Timers so plants only get 18 hours they like the rest.

I have Grow Lights for my Greenhouse to extend Light in the Winter.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok my wife has couple small ones and we have found out of 3 the white they like better than Red.

I went and bought UPDAYDAY cheap and I hope it works. You might get one couple hundred watts.

I got to rethinking this if it is warm get at least a 4 inch exhaust fan.

I know ideal temperature is 70-80F. Not the easiest to achieve when it is 100+F outside. My Greenhouse at the hottest 116F seems too Hot but keep an eye on the plants and they say we don't like this but keep on going.

big rockpile

Ask a Question