What is this on my tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have this on what I believe is a cherry tree when I got this place it has 5 trees 2 apple trees 1 peach tree 1 cherry tree and 1 I'm not sure what it is it had white flowers but I never seen fruit on it but this year its been cold and noticed some pods on it but anyway I'll post some pictures soon of the trees

Attachments

• 20240420_130856.jpg
    20240420_130856.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How do I get rid of it or it's pretty much done for
I learned about black knot when I was doing home consultations on growing vegetables. This customer had an ornamental plum that had black knot. I was clueless about it so I had them call in an arborist. He said the best thing to cure the disease was a product that contained T-Methyl (Thiophanate methyl). I remember this because the disease on this tree was so striking that I wrote everything down And when I saw the picture you posted it reminded me and I checked my journal. What he used on the tree was called Clearys 3336. It is only used on ornamentals because it is a systemic. If your tree is fruit bearing don't use it. I drove by the tree a couple of years later and it was looking much much better than the last time I saw it, so I guess the stuff works.

Ask a Question