Unfamiliar plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Everything is possible in gardening:D . Some time ago I found a little plant growing next to one of my miniature roses. It's probably just a weed but I decided to let it grow because it looks quite pretty:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Out of interest, what type of plant is it?

Reaction score
Yes, this is definitely possible. As said above, anything is possible in gardening!
You never know if there was anything planted there beforehand or traces of previous plants.

Reaction score
Plants growing between plants is very possible but often that which looks like a plant is often a weed or some type of species that grows to actually manipulate the other, real plant, and actually snuff out its life. Believe it or not, plants can be as manipulative as humans, but there manipulation is based on survival, where human manipulation is often based on greed, jealousy, or some other malevolent reason.

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible for native plants to pop up anywhere. I notice that "Impostures" always grow in my garden. In my strawberry bed there is a weed that has similar foliage to my strawberry, it even bears a red fruit. I've been told it is called a Indian strawberry and is know for poisoning livestock, how ironic.

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible for native plants to pop up anywhere. I notice that "Impostures" always grow in my garden. In my strawberry bed there is a weed that has similar foliage to my strawberry, it even bears a red fruit. I've been told it is called a Indian strawberry and is know for poisoning livestock, how ironic.
Nature is amazing! Especially when you find that plants can have such a shadowy existence, very similar to humans. That's why it has become apparent to me, from my experience with plants, and from reading the book, "The Secret Life of Plants", that plants are just as alive as we humans are; they thrive, and are as energetic as we are. This should not be too surprising considering we're all part of the same ecosystem.

Reaction score
It's interesting to note what plant it is. I once had a plant growing before that I did not know and so took a picture of it, and uploaded it on Google. Google let's you search by image that you have uploaded, and so this helped me to find out what it was ;)

Reaction score
It's interesting to note what plant it is. I once had a plant growing before that I did not know and so took a picture of it, and uploaded it on Google. Google let's you search by image that you have uploaded, and so this helped me to find out what it was ;)

How would you search for the image if you don't have the name of the plant? Not saying it can't be done, I'm just curious to know how to go about doing so because I have lots of images of plants that I don't know the actual name of, not the slang name and not the scientific name. I created this web page, specifically to name the plants I have now or have had in the past.

Reaction score
How would you search for the image if you don't have the name of the plant? Not saying it can't be done, I'm just curious to know how to go about doing so because I have lots of images of plants that I don't know the actual name of, not the slang name and not the scientific name. I created this web page, specifically to name the plants I have now or have had in the past.

Well you can simply go to google images,and then simply drag your photo on to the search bar. You can then search for the plant, as it will show you visually similar images. It doesn't always work, but it can prove a very handy tool when it does.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I have a lot of small trees growing in pots which are in various stages of being developed into bonsai. As I have so many I often don't find the time to pull out the weeds as they pop up and I've been amazed what some of them turn into. I've found baby mulberry trees, privets and celtis among others. Clearly the seeds are coming from somewhere but I'm not aware of full size trees of any of these species close by.

With the help of the wind and birds, seeds can travel quite a distance.

Reaction score
Well you can simply go to google images,and then simply drag your photo on to the search bar. You can then search for the plant, as it will show you visually similar images. It doesn't always work, but it can prove a very handy tool when it does.
OK thanks, I didn't know you could actually do that. I have a few plants I need to identify, and this should work with plants that I take pictures of right? I have a couple at home that I still haven't figured out what the actual name is, I do know they are a part of the palm family, but that's about all I know about them.

Ask a Question