Three pronged attack on our freedom....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I blame it on the catholics :rolleyes:

Such was my upbringing.
My husband was brought up Catholic. Alter boy, Catholic school etc. We have been married going on 38 years, he has never once gone to "his" church. We go to Catholic Weddings and Funerals, (his family etc). I am amazed the cost the Catholic Church charges to send the dead to heaven (bluntly put). And the cost to annul a marriage, even if it produced a child. Its unreal the agenda of money making the Catholic religions does, and there is nothing in the Bible to say that is what your suppose to do. Truly don't want to start any issues here, its just me being totally observant over all these years to scam the Catholic R. does.

True story, I once met this totally handsome man, he was about 28. A friend of my brothers, Brother told me that that guy was going to become a priest. Here I am thinking this guy has to be a virgin to become a priest. My bother said, nope, he had already been married, and is paying the church $5,000 so he can have his marriage annul and become a priest. This was maybe about 30 years ago. So again, don't want to start anything, just exactly what I have been told /observed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The Christians and Jews are all in the same boat. We all recognise the same God. The Jews have always been persecuted, but so have the Christians as well.
Everyone has been persecuted in the history of the world. However, I don't understand why Christians so relate to Jews, since Jews don't recognize Jesus as the savior nor the son of God. Christians are kind of in their own boat in that respect. All three Abrahamic religions recognize the same God.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone has been persecuted in the history of the world. However, I don't understand why Christians so relate to Jews, since Jews don't recognize Jesus as the savior nor the son of God. Christians are kind of in their own boat in that respect. All three Abrahamic religions recognize the same God.
Since I was a child I was taught that the Jews (from the tribe of Judah) were God's chosen people all through their genealogy, but through the acceptance of the birth of Jesus and his later crucifixion, the gentile nations (of the other tribes) could find their way to salvation. I left my studies for too many years, and have recently tried to pick up where I left off. Maybe your pastor friend could help out here?

The worry now is that what Neil Oliver talks about in his broadcasts, and what we can all see is happening throughout the world, points to the end times in the prophecies.
While I am able to, I follow as much available information as I can. There are still too many folk who have buried their heads in the sand I fear.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Neil Oliver always makes me smile.
I didn't look at his video, he always has too much to say

Years ago, the BBC often repeated some old nature documentaries, in which he had small supporting parts.
At that time, he had just the slightest Scottish accent.
Now with their obsession with diversity and making every effort to get away from "BBC English," so use many people with regional accents, (I've no problem with that), his has become so broad that I have to use the subtitles.

I know to stand out on TV people often have "gimmicks," but for a 57 year-old TV presenter, that's all he is, but not used as much now, hair that long looks silly, as does the constant presence of that rucksack over his shoulder.
There's no need for it, there'll be a support vehicle just off camera which brought the recording crew and their equipment.
His hair spray, or whatever he has in the bag, could be left in there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Since I was a child I was taught that the Jews (from the tribe of Judah) were God's chosen people all through their genealogy, but through the acceptance of the birth of Jesus and his later crucifixion, the gentile nations (of the other tribes) could find their way to salvation. I left my studies for too many years, and have recently tried to pick up where I left off. Maybe your pastor friend could help out here?

The worry now is that what Neil Oliver talks about in his broadcasts, and what we can all see is happening throughout the world, points to the end times in the prophecies.
While I am able to, I follow as much available information as I can. There are still too many folk who have buried their heads in the sand I fear.
Chosen People....Yeah, that's a laughable concept.

I was just confused how this thread got on the issue of religion, because that's not what the video was about. However, he did mention how rulers use to convince people that God had chosen them to rule. This is the danger of organized religion and it's a good thing to separate religion from power. Even today there are religious leaders (and some political leaders) who attempt to convince people that they have some special mandate from God.

And no one knows when the end of times will happen, but we will continue to keep an eye on that super-volcano in Yellowstone. (y) That's what really scares me, not a bunch of Yahoos in Davos.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Neil Oliver's three prongs are a guide to what he is saying. We in the southern hemisphere didn't get any TV coverage of Davos (that I saw).

prong #1; Climate change is a motherhood issue. The climate does change. However, it doesn't change to anyone's beckoning and therefore all the targets are optional. The most suspicious part is the massive cost of transmission lines. Why can't each city/ suburb have its own battery storage.

prong #2; Finance probably is in the hands of the rich. Probably the new aristocracy does want the poor to be slave labor. This is almost the definition of 'society'. However, the best way to resolve this dilemma is for everyone to cease going with the flow. Who will be first?

prong#3: Farming/food. There's a revolution here for sure. The farmers are enslaved to banks and the input suppliers. Heroes have arisen in the form of soil scientists and doctors who use public media to rewrite the way to farm.

There is no choice but optimism.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
....However, he did mention how rulers use to convince people that God had chosen them to rule. This is the danger of organized religion and it's a good thing to separate religion from power. Even today there are religious leaders (and some political leaders) who attempt to convince people that they have some special mandate from God....
The Trumper's will say this was a joke, but at the same time they really want some to believe it and sadly there are many that do believe it.

Trump is anything by religious, but he's fooling a lot of people.

Modern day example of a politician using religion to gain power.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neil Oliver always makes me smile.
I didn't look at his video, he always has too much to say

Years ago, the BBC often repeated some old nature documentaries, in which he had small supporting parts.
At that time, he had just the slightest Scottish accent.
Now with their obsession with diversity and making every effort to get away from "BBC English," so use many people with regional accents, (I've no problem with that), his has become so broad that I have to use the subtitles.

I know to stand out on TV people often have "gimmicks," but for a 57 year-old TV presenter, that's all he is, but not used as much now, hair that long looks silly, as does the constant presence of that rucksack over his shoulder.
There's no need for it, there'll be a support vehicle just off camera which brought the recording crew and their equipment.
His hair spray, or whatever he has in the bag, could be left in there.
If you didn't look at the content of the video, there is no point in making comment about it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chosen People....Yeah, that's a laughable concept.

I was just confused how this thread got on the issue of religion, because that's not what the video was about. However, he did mention how rulers use to convince people that God had chosen them to rule. This is the danger of organized religion and it's a good thing to separate religion from power. Even today there are religious leaders (and some political leaders) who attempt to convince people that they have some special mandate from God.

And no one knows when the end of times will happen, but we will continue to keep an eye on that super-volcano in Yellowstone. (y) That's what really scares me, not a bunch of Yahoos in Davos.
It flirted with the subject of religion because of a conversation I was having with @Ruderunner
The Trumper's will say this was a joke, but at the same time they really want some to believe it and sadly there are many that do believe it.

Trump is anything by religious, but he's fooling a lot of people.

Modern day example of a politician using religion to gain power.

The converstion certainly did not include Mr Trump either, so it seems you are taking the original content even further away from that.

Warnings of this kind do NOT have to be listened to by anyone. The subject is for those who might be interested. I suggest those who have no interest look at the subjects they prefer to look at.

@Sean Regan the BBC is no longer to be trusted in our opinion. We have given up totally on main stream media.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I found a clip of a conversation at Davos concerning the media. It is just one insight into the pomp of a gang of unelected ''superior beings'' who are trying (and somewhat succeeding) to ruin our lives as they used to be.
I thought you might find it interesting @redback
@Sean Regan - I wouldn't bother to look if I were you.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
...I found a clip of a conversation at Davos concerning the media. It is just one insight into the pomp of a gang of unelected ''superior beings'' who are trying (and somewhat succeeding) to ruin our lives ...
They can ruin lives ONLY if individuals allow it.

There is a huge movement in the USA, largely in the rural populace, that completely rejects the "mainstream media". Where this movement leads will be interesting to watch!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
They can ruin lives ONLY if individuals allow it.

There is a huge movement in the USA, largely in the rural populace, that completely rejects the "mainstream media". Where this movement leads will be interesting to watch!

We stopped buying newspapers a decade ago. I rarely watch any news programme other than C5.
I do read the headlines on the BBC Red Button on BBC1. It's hard for them to get any bias into so few words. But I do notice that criticisms of the Government stay in the headlines for more days than other news.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a speech that is well worth listening to by Javier Milei from Argentina. It was refreshing to hear some truths addressed to these people.

Ask a Question