The most useful plant in your garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh! Like you, for me also it would be tomatoes. The main reason behind it is, I love tomatoes and I add tomatoes in almost all the dishes that we make. The other important thing I do with these tomatoes are, I use them on my skin and they make my skin look great everyday. Although I have other plants like spinach and mint which is being used widely, tomatoes are what I would choose for making me look beautiful. :)

Do you use them to make a facial mask? I've never heard about a tomato facial mask, it sounds really interesting. Could you tell us more about it?

Reaction score
Do you use them to make a facial mask? I've never heard about a tomato facial mask, it sounds really interesting. Could you tell us more about it?
yes, I use it as facial mask. Nothing complicated. It is the most easiest, simple and a quick mask. Apply fresh tomato juice to your face everyday and wash it off once it dries up. Your skin will glow brightly. It will take hardly 15-20 mins a day. It will reduce all the black heads and white heads from your skin and it also removes the tan from your skin and make it baby soft. You must try it.

Reaction score
Tomatoes again! Great! Yeah I use tomato juice in fullers earth and apply it as a face pack.. when my skin needs a bit of rejuvenation. Tomatoes are versatile... I love curry and love adding fresh tomatoes into my curry as much as possible. Salads form a major portion of my meals .. I cannot imagine a salad without tomatoes. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
yes, I use it as facial mask. Nothing complicated. It is the most easiest, simple and a quick mask. Apply fresh tomato juice to your face everyday and wash it off once it dries up. Your skin will glow brightly. It will take hardly 15-20 mins a day. It will reduce all the black heads and white heads from your skin and it also removes the tan from your skin and make it baby soft. You must try it.

This sounds really good, thank you for sharing. I'll definitely give it a try:D . I love tomatoes so much and I'm obsessed with how my skin looks. Maybe a tomato facial mask is something for me:)

Reaction score
Wow it's a bit hard to decide which plant is most useful in my garden as they all have different uses and medicinal properties; i think i would have to opt for aloe vera and rosemay since i use these plants almost everyday for different ailments and they are both beneficial.

Reaction score
For me it would be my basil and mint, but isn't like I'm growing a lot things right now, , just growing a few things at the moment because I might be moving soon and I just don't want to leave anything behind. I'd feel so guilty leaving a lot plants to die here. I use those two herbs for cooking and tea, basil is great for sauces and salads and mint is great for tea and cooking other things.

Reaction score
Tomatoes are definitely the most versatile and popular, even though I'm not a tomato fan myself. I can make it into salsa and sauce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I would say my okra. It's my favorite among my vegetable plants. :) It bears okra every two days or so. Also, I love eating okra ever since I was a kid. So, successfully growing many of them is a dream come true. :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
My aloe vera and lemon balm plants are ones that I use almost every single day. Aloe helps clear the pores and rejuvenate the skin, while lemon balm is perfect for warm teas in the morning and evening.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would say in my garden it is a tie between tomatoes and peppers. Both of those we consume a lot of. Running up behind would be potatoes and beans and garlic :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
The most useful plant in my garden would have to be chili peppers. Not only can I use it to make hot salsa, but I also use is as a bug repellent. Chili peppers contain an ingredient called capsicum. Capsicum is great for muscle aches and sprains, because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Not any other plant in my garden has this many uses.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think tomatoes are the most beneficial plant for my household. We love tomatoes for pasta sauce, salads, or just a nice side dish. Tomatoes contain lycopene which is excellent for fighting cancer.

Reaction score
Anything I can eat is very useful, not sure which I would call the most useful, but perhaps lettuce and kale. Greens are so expensive now.

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Growing Moringa plants are the most useful in my backyard.Every part of the Moringa Tree can be used and it is considered one of the most valuable and useful plants. The ayurvedic medicine of India has many uses for Moringa Tree products, such as a natural antibiotic, an aid in childbirth, for treating liver disorders, and many other uses.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess my most popular plant I have would be the aloe Vera plant. I use this for so many different things especially in the summer months. As most people would know the aloe plant issues for burns or sunburns normally. But I use it for a variety of different things, sometimes I cut the leaves and half and use what's inside of them on my skin. You would not believe how much better my skin looks and feels after I do this a few times. It's better than anything I have ever bought for my skin, every skin product that I have ever bought has left me feeling dry. And most recently I have found out that this aloe Vera plant can be made into a drink. I'm not 100% for sure how this drink is made but I intend to find out. It is suppose to be good for cleaning at your system, and claim to be good for colon cancer as well. It seems there are many uses for this plant that I do not yet know about that the more I read the more I learn. It seems that this plant works wonders on the body itself. There was also a slight mention in a study that this plant might be able to help people with diabetes as well.

Ask a Question