Strange red bugs on my blackberry bush.

Reaction score
i saw this group of bugs on the same blackberry at night and then again at mid day. The blackberry they are apparently living on doesn't seem to be harmed. Anyone give me a clue what they are before I exterminate them. Pic included
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,227

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Aaron Köcher,

If they are not eating the plant or harming it in any way you could just leave them be and watch them for a spell. If you are set on having them go on their way, pick them off by hand, that is the simplest way.

Reaction score
I'm still not sure but the research I've done suggests they are nymph stink bugs, and are slowly sucking the moisture out of whatever they cling to. I'd be happy if someone can tell me otherwise, but for now I think it's best to remove them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm still not sure but the research I've done suggests they are nymph stink bugs, and are slowly sucking the moisture out of whatever they cling to. I'd be happy if someone can tell me otherwise, but for now I think it's best to remove them.
Kill them now by any means possible. Those are leaf footed stink bug larvae

Ask a Question