Purple Shamrock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm in love with this plant. It looks so unique. It's leaves are beautiful, aren't they? They remind me of butterflies:love:

20151110_091922.jpg

I heard that Purple Shamrock is also known as Love Plant:love: It's a very accurate name!:)

20151110_091914.jpg

I hope it will get bigger in spring:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd love to see it, Esther Knapicius:)
My Purple Shamrock is looking better with every passing day, so I hope it will get really big too:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How much time? I'm an impatient girl;) I want all my plants to grow as fast as possible, lol:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
have no clue how long it takes, really did not watch it. I just set it in a window, watered etc. I hope I can find the picture. Have a feeling right now its in a file on the other computer. Can't take the pic of it now as I just brought it in from all summer out doors and cut it all down so it would begin again, looks fresher that way. It is in a 10 inch pot, and when totally grown, all dense in purple and falling over the sides. Later will get to that other laptop. I see our zone is 7 , it is hardy for zone 7, just as an FYI

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds wonderful:) I hope my plant will look like this too.
It spent the whole summer oudoors, in full sun, because my father and my sister didn't know how to take care of it. I rescued it around two weeks ago:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow, @claudine that is beautiful and I haven't seen this plant here. Looks very unique and like they are dancing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
The purple shamrock is wonderful. My sister has just come back from Ireland and bought me as little novelty shamrock plant and seeds to grow in a mini hot house, i.e. a plastic bag over the pot. There is greenery so very exciting.:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This sounds wonderful:) I hope my plant will look like this too.
It spent the whole summer oudoors, in full sun, because my father and my sister didn't know how to take care of it. I rescued it around two weeks ago:)
Plant rescuing is the best. A friend of mine was redoing his landscape and had a pile of discarded bushes and plants they were getting rid of. There was a beautiful (well, it used to be beautiful) holly sitting in the pile, roots sticking in the air. I snatched it up, read him the riot act, and raced home to try and save it. Still up in the air how it will turn out.

You are so right, they look like little butterflies. You must post updates of this!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Bhdrizner - thank you!:)
IcyBC - this is so true, they do look like they're danncing:love: I love it, it sounds so romantic!
DeborahJane - it's very exciting:) There is nothing better than getting new plants:)
Java Guy - thank you, I'll definitely keep posting updates of this:D I hope your rescued holly will do well:)
Esther Knapicius - I'm looking forward to seeing it:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's probably Oxalis 'Cupido' Claudine. :)

Oxalis 'Cupido' (1).JPG

Oxalis 'Cupido' (2).JPG

If it is I suggest you don't plant it outside as it's very invasive and difficult to get rid of. It usually flowers late spring/early summer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It's probably Oxalis 'Cupido' Claudine. :)

View attachment 9744

View attachment 9745

If it is I suggest you don't plant it outside as it's very invasive and difficult to get rid of. It usually flowers late spring/early summer.
depends on your zone. it is good to zone 7 , so below it will slow it down and or die.

Ask a Question