Promoting Beneficial insects using bug hotel ideas

Reaction score
In this post, I provide you with example of "bug hotels" that attract beneficial bugs to create a habitat around your garden which will control pests, increase pollination, and protect life/ecosystems. I've never assembled a bug hotel or put together, but this seems quite the way to recycle materials and make something useful and artistic.

catchasinglethought.com

pinstake.com

makezine.com

barbolian.com

offgridworld.com

s4a.org.uk

newenglandgardenandthread.files.wordpress.com

lostockhallacademy.org

pinterest.com

commons.wikimedia.org

livescience.com

eastbourneallotments.blogspot.com

rchsblog.files.wordpress.com

poitoucharentesinphotos.wordpress.com

kidsinthegarden.co.uk

emmaowl.com

insecthotels.co.uk

pinterest.com

installitdirect.com

-Cassie K
Original post @ Beneficial insect/bug hotel ideas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I like all the pics, because making habitat is the primary reason I garden; I will use some of the ideas above and incorporate it into my yard. BTW, one of the simplest ways to make habitat is to use heavy mulch of leaves. I collect leaves people leave on their curb for city pickup and spread it all over the yard, not just the garden. Mulch does so much more than just trap moisture, it's where ladybugs (and many other organisms) go to overwinter or to get away from the heat in the middle of a hot summer's day.

Ask a Question