Potted Pinepple

Reaction score
I have a pineapple plant in a regular sized pot. I do want to move it into a larger one when it gets bigger. I have not had any fruit from it as of yet, It's still quite small compared to how big they should be, but as long as you plant it properly, give it the right soil, provide it with water and LOTS of sunlight, it should grow. That's all I've done with mine and its flourishing!

I think I'm definitely going to try it. Right now, we're focusing more on our basil plants. We have so many different kinds. We're having to cut it constantly and are giving it out to friends and family. It's delicious! But, I want to do something more challenging and special, which is why I was considering a pineapple plant.

Reaction score
I have a pineapple plant in a regular sized pot. I do want to move it into a larger one when it gets bigger. I have not had any fruit from it as of yet, It's still quite small compared to how big they should be, but as long as you plant it properly, give it the right soil, provide it with water and LOTS of sunlight, it should grow. That's all I've done with mine and its flourishing!
So not exactly the kind of plant for a fair weather gardener, huh? :p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Like anything in a pot or grow bag, the nutrient gets used up in a few weeks, so feed it with something like Miracle Grow ( You probably woudn't want home made feed indoors, very smelly.

Reaction score
I find it easy to grow pineapples from store bought. Twist the top off, don't cut it. I have had better luck this way. But they do get big, and they are sharp and spiky. I care for them like any other house plant. I put all my plants out in the spring and bring them back in in the fall. My mom has one that was started from a store bought pineapple start to fruit. Only took about six years. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
This is actually an interesting question. I am not sure if you can do that? I actually have never tried to grow pineapple before but I do love Pineapple.

Reaction score
Thinking about it i have never tried planting a pineapple before; i think am going to try planting one a pot and see the results.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good luck on your pineapple bean keeper, that sounds like a lot of fun. I think it is too cold in my neck of the woods to try to grow a pineapple, but it may be worth a look at if I grow one inside. Do you buy the whole top in the dirt or just partially bury it?

Ask a Question