My baby eggplants :)

Reaction score
It's purple, I have black beauty too and it hasn't started flowering either. My cucumber has just started to grow really as well. I transplanted it to a better spot so it gets extra sun

Reaction score
It's purple, I have black beauty too and it hasn't started flowering either. My cucumber has just started to grow really as well. I transplanted it to a better spot so it gets extra sun

Not my favorite vegetable but if my one actually bears I might harvest them small and try on a pita bread pizza probably with parmesan cheese and olive oil. I've been on a pita kick lately haha. They bake for 5 minutes then done. My kinda cooking haha.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I just love eggplant parmesan, too ! ! I usually get a little bit extra so I can nibble on a slice or two as i am cooking them before putting them into the eggplant parmesan. I tried growing them one year, and the plants did good, but i didn't really get much in the way of eggplants. I keep thinking that i want to do it again, but I just end up with growing tomatoes and peppers instead, and buying my eggplants as I want one.

Reaction score
I just love eggplant parmesan, too ! ! I usually get a little bit extra so I can nibble on a slice or two as i am cooking them before putting them into the eggplant parmesan. I tried growing them one year, and the plants did good, but i didn't really get much in the way of eggplants. I keep thinking that i want to do it again, but I just end up with growing tomatoes and peppers instead, and buying my eggplants as I want one.

Our plants seem to be doing ok even after being eaten some. Can't wait til it starts to show some fruit. My dragon cayenne pepper is another of my favoritesfavorites

Reaction score
Our plants seem to be doing ok even after being eaten some. Can't wait til it starts to show some fruit. My dragon cayenne pepper is another of my favoritesfavorites

My grandmother used to cook eggplant down with ground meat and shrimp served over rice. I think the shrimp made it better for me. Maybe I'll put a few shrimp on my pita too.

Reaction score
My eggplants are coming along on the other plants too now. I have six plants, 3 each in a tub, and they all have a baby growing, so I have six little babies. I hope they make it too.

I love eggplant Parmesan, and different varieties of it. I also like it just done like a 'steak', as well as my favorite way is to stir fry with artichokes,mushrooms, onions and put on pasta.

I have also made a sandwich out of the narrow smaller ones, like these are going to be. I have to add that they are great little round slices on pizza too.

Best of luck to everyone with whatever they are growing. :)

Reaction score
I can officially close this thread, sigh, as I ate the last of my eggplant. They grew only to a certain length and then stopped growing. They were suppose to be a bit longer, but they only went to between 4 and 5 inches each.

I cut them in half and roasted them today. They were so delicious, and I'm so glad I took pictures first. It was six plants, and they each made one eggplant per plant.

Cost wise and size wise, it's cheaper to get them at the farmer's market, but the lady at the nursery was just going to throw them away last year, I can only assume there wasn't a mad rush on them this year either. So I had to contribute this year to help even if it was only 6 plants. :)

Reaction score
I bought a few eggplants last week. One is a purple recommended to pick at 5 inches long. I think they mature long and skinny. The other is another little long green one. I'll see if I like these better than the regular big purple ones.

Reaction score
View attachment 2935 They are growing, it seems slower but the buds are coming in and filling out just enough to show that they are buds. I posted a close up picture of my cute eggplant pod and eggplant poking out of the first one, but now I see the picture here is gone. I guess I went over my picture limit here or something. Trying again.

Those tiny little eggplants are adorable. It looks like you're doing a great job growing them. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Ask a Question