Mother's Day in Australia.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
It's Mother's Day in Australia today. It's 5 am here ( I'm a bit of an insomniac) so I'm getting an early start. Do you celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day in USA. It is pretty big deal here. Going out for meals and gifts. Restaurants and cafes are very busy. One of my sons and daughter in law run a cafe and will be flat out. I prefer to stay home and 2 of my sons are cooking for me. As my gift from one son I asked him to do some work on my garden shed. Cheap for him and wonderful for me! I'm also getting some shelving so when I've painted it I'll post some photos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Sincerely, I consider these "Mother, Father" days non sense (except for economy)... But I still say at least "Happy Mother's Day" to my mother every year just because it makes her somewhat happier.

I sincerely do not care. You or my children (I am not a father) may not say "Happy Fathers' Day" to me or even "Happy Birthday" and I will treat you just the same, with the same love and care.

Personally, I do not like people telling me things like that (I won't hate you if you do). It is very annoying!

People do not really need to say that to let me know they love me. I usually know when people loves me or not, especially when we are living at the same house.

But if this will make you happier: Happy Mothers' Day to you!

Some may think I am a person who does have any love for anyone, but this is very far from truth (I believe so). I love and like people!

I apologize for any inconveniences I may have caused.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Sincerely, I consider these "Mother, Father" days non sense (except for economy)... But I still say at least "Happy Mother's Day" to my mother every year just because it makes her somewhat happier.

I sincerely do not care. You or my children (I am not a father) may not say "Happy Fathers' Day" to me or even "Happy Birthday" and I will treat you just the same, with the same love and care.

Personally, I do not like people telling me things like that (I won't hate you if you do). It is very annoying!

People do not really need to say that to let me know they love me. I usually know when people loves me or not, especially when we are living at the same house.

But if this will make you happier: Happy Mothers' Day to you!

Some may think I am a person who does have any love for anyone, but this is very far from truth (I believe so). I love and like people!

I apologize for any inconveniences I may have caused.

Thank you!
Actually I only like my kids to say happy Mother's Day to me. I agree with the financial fuss being wrong but do feel it's ok for your kids to make you feel a weeny bit special.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Actually I only like my kids to say happy Mother's Day to me.
I am feeling horrible now. Just like this :poop:.

I agree with the financial fuss being wrong but do feel it's ok for your kids to make you feel a weeny bit special.
I do not have kids (I'm a kid).

Unfortunately, I cannot delete or edit my previous post.

Sorry! :cry:

Move on, just ignore me. I will feel more relaxed from now! I just had to post this feel less hated.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hi splinx. No need to feel bad. Let's talk garden. Can I show you a picture?
image.jpg

Reaction score
It's Sunday in my mother country, over there it's mother's day. I've my mother here, but we are not going to celebrate it today. I'm going to invite her to a nice cozy place to have breakfast with me. We will eat her favorite thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day too. I think I'll buy my mom something garden-related. She can't go outside, but I think she'll be happy to receive a new plant. She loves them very much.

Ask a Question