Money tree with yellow leaves and brown spots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My money tree has developed yellow leaves with brown spots throughout the tree. It also has a sticky residue on the underside of the leaves. It has been getting worse over the last few of months. It sits in front of a shuttered window that gets sun about 4 hours a day. I have recently tried watering it whenever the soil feels dry, rather than just once a week. I have also tried rain water gathered from my outdoor pond. It doesn't seem to be helping. Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• money tree.jpg
    money tree.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sticky residue on leaves makes me think scale or mealybug somewhere on the stems. If the window shutters are closed all day, open them up. Money trees love light, so give it as much as you can. Even direct sun is okay as long as the soil doesn’t dry out too much.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My money tree has developed yellow leaves with brown spots throughout the tree. It also has a sticky residue on the underside of the leaves. It has been getting worse over the last few of months. It sits in front of a shuttered window that gets sun about 4 hours a day. I have recently tried watering it whenever the soil feels dry, rather than just once a week. I have also tried rain water gathered from my outdoor pond. It doesn't seem to be helping. Do you have any suggestions?
Only water when the top inch of soil is dry.

Ask a Question