Ladybug Retreat

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's really sad, ACSAPA:( I see a lot of them here! A few days ago, my boyfriend saved a cute ladybug that was trapped between two windows. It made me love him even more:love:
I always help little insects too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I think the issue with ladybugs may be the same as with bees and butterflies - too many chemicals. I went into the back yard recently to discover and ugly mess of what used to be a small elder tree. I asked the new neighbor about it and said that we have stuff growing in the yard and don't want to eat chemicals. A short time later I noticed the telltale signs of weed spray on the morning glory vines in the front. Some people just don't care.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
This looks like an excellent idea and a nice little project for the kids! They love ladybugs but its also going to be useful to try and teach them a bit more about the garden and get them out of the house more often. Hopefully this will be something that we can try together and the weekends whenever the weather gets a bit better, brighter and warmer!

Ask a Question