Interesting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Open a "Big Rockpile" Italian restaraunt then....

1.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually going to sell bunch of stuff next Spring.

Took Herbs and put them in what I consider Big Pots. It's going crazy.

Going to call my place Hillbilly Dave's.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Australia
These furry caterpillars follow their leader in a long string everywhere. Believe it or not their leader led them over hoses, up walls and into various garden spaces until there was none left alive.

Attachments

• phone photos 145.jpg
    phone photos 145.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 10
  • phone photos 144.jpg
    phone photos 144.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Later they will go and grow, or go on the com0post?
My missus buys thyme plants, then doesn't want them when they get sad in pots, I plant them out in the ground and they do great, got three going now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got some Basil and Peppermint I'm trying to sprout.

Got some Lavender I thought would be small so I just seeded one big pot.

Found out different so I have been putting it in individual pots. I'm about ready to just transplant from it to the bed.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I prune lavender after flowering I stick anything of a decent size into a pot of earth and leave out over winter, next Spring I go through and pot on the half that have struck and chuck the half that haven't. I find some of them don't make it either, I don't take great care of them ,, but I always end up with plenty over. A couple of years ago I planted a hedge of fourteen plants between the veg and the lawn, it's filling out well now. I find people are reluctant to prune lavender properly, they think they will hurt it, and they end up with leggy plants. Do it just after flowering and you can chop it right back hard and it will make a bit of new growth before winter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is Lavender a perennial?

I'm taking it as and so is Butterfly Weed.

big rockpile
Yes, prune it back hard after flowering or you end up with a very 'leggy' bush. Doing it then gives it time to make some new growth before winter.
I think I saw you say you were growing some from seed. I have had some pretty good self seeded ones, but if you are growing for flowering plants it is a lot safer to take cuttings from a plant you know flowers well.
I used to prune plants for people and they would always say "It's a Hidecote, it was expensive", I would save the prunings and use them as cuttings, and they varied hugely. Some naughty nurseries are telling porky pies.

Ask a Question