insect advice pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5396043A-2D89-426B-9482-9482496B212E.jpeg
F343AA94-E6A2-40B0-86B2-71184CF2CA23.jpeg
5D458683-F4A6-41D8-B586-FE40FEA6569E.jpeg

Hi, I’m posting for my friend in Vermont. It’s his first time gardening, things haven’t been going great...anyway...

His dad noticed some green beetles on his raspberries and one on his honey berry. He hosed them off. I looked up raspberry pests, and came up with Japanese beetle. It fits the leaf damage, but now I’m not sure.

His Dad bought him some bug killing bags, which I don’t like the sound of tbh, seems indiscriminate, probably kill good guys. They were set up yesterday, today they are full of what I think might be weevils, but despite a lengthy google search, I can’t identify them.

He noticed little holes in the soil under some of the plants. I’m wondering if something has laid eggs under there?

Sorry for the confusing post, but I have no idea what is eating his plants.

Thankyou for any advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 39424 View attachment 39425 View attachment 39426

Hi, I’m posting for my friend in Vermont. It’s his first time gardening, things haven’t been going great...anyway...

His dad noticed some green beetles on his raspberries and one on his honey berry. He hosed them off. I looked up raspberry pests, and came up with Japanese beetle. It fits the leaf damage, but now I’m not sure.

His Dad bought him some bug killing bags, which I don’t like the sound of tbh, seems indiscriminate, probably kill good guys. They were set up yesterday, today they are full of what I think might be weevils, but despite a lengthy google search, I can’t identify them.

He noticed little holes in the soil under some of the plants. I’m wondering if something has laid eggs under there?

Sorry for the confusing post, but I have no idea what is eating his plants.

Thankyou for any advice.
Is this him?
https://cedarcirclefarm.org/tips/entry/pest-rose-chafer

Ask a Question