Here's Why You Don't Plant or Let Ivy Get Out Of Control in Your Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Cheers guys I hope you find it useful !! @Adventuregarsdeninguk

Please hit the like on my video to help support an independent gardener and please subscribe to my YouTube channel for lots more gardening videos :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I know a lady whose adjacent neighbor had planted ivy in their far back yard.
Instead of growing a lot in that yard, the ivy has grown instead into the other lady's yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Twenty years ago, we had a problem with ivy growing on the other side of the party fence behind our rockery.
It grew through the fence and eventually "eat" two fence panels.

PICT0069.JPG

I explained to our elderly neighbours that it had to go.
I ripped it all out, dug out the roots and replaced the panels.
It never re-grew.

P1030212.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a nice privacy hedge of bamboo, about 12' high, which stands along our border with our neighbors to the west of us. The bamboo has been there for over 70 years. These "western" neighbors have been growing Ivy. It is slowly making its way through the bamboo and onto our property. Stupid, silly neighbors. And they're the kind of people with whom you cannot have a civil discussion about such matters. We have learned over the years to never speak with them, no matter what. All we can do now is keep yanking the Ivy out, as best we can.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
A combination of 24D (Crossbow) and Roundup applied at max strength will kill it. And they both biodegrade very quickly. We had over 1/2 acre of it at our last place. Thick ground cover - until it wasn't :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
A combination of 24D (Crossbow) and Roundup applied at max strength will kill it. And they both biodegrade very quickly. We had over 1/2 acre of it at our last place. Thick ground cover - until it wasn't :)
You couldn't pay me enough money to use pesticides on my property. We've been pesticide-free, with all organic veggies and fruits since 1970.

Ask a Question