Help my Pumpkin plant

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi everyone,

I grow my pumpkin i a big wide pot in coco peat.
My pumpkin plant has been growin the vines for the last 2-3 months and now it has beared few small pumkins too.

But today i found one pumpkin completely rotted and i had to pluck it off.

The leaves are having brown edges, its getting crispy and having a whitish tone all over it.

Few small vines have rotted
There is a white powdery/dust kind of thing on the vines.

Need to save my plant. Please help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Debasish! :)

Pictures would help, if you can do that.
From your description I would say too much water. Pumpkins and most squash originate from fairly dry climates and don't like to be kept too moist.

Also how big is your pot? I've grown pumpkins and other squash; they tend to take up a huge amount of space.

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi Debasish! :)

Pictures would help, if you can do that.
From your description I would say too much water. Pumpkins and most squash originate from fairly dry climates and don't like to be kept too moist.

Also how big is your pot? I've grown pumpkins and other squash; they tend to take up a huge amount of space.

Surely will post the pics tommorow. And yes i found the soil very wet. I might hve been overwatering. Will post the pics asap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It sounds as if the overwatering has caused powdery mildew. You can try to save it by spraying a diluted milk mixture or baking soda. I have never been successful when my plants catch this disease

Ask a Question