Hello from Cumbria

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

This looks like one of the more active gardening forums. I am a keen but novice individual who has joined to hopefully get some great tips and advice from you all.

Mike

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there Mike, welcome aboard! (y) Great to have you here. What kind of garden do you have?

Reaction score
Hi Mike, nice to meet you. Cumbria... that would be one of the coldest parts of England, I hear. Would you agree?
Some years ago a friend of mine lived in North Cumbria and always impressed me with her photos of the breathtaking landscapes you have over there. What grows best in your region?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Mike, I am sure you will find lots to talk about and learn here. What type of garden do you prefer flowers or vegetables?

Reaction score
Hey there Mike, welcome aboard! (y) Great to have you here. What kind of garden do you have?
Hi, I have about 1/4 of an acre as lawn (which looks bare) and a smaller area at the bottom of the garden which is an ideal place separated from main garden to grow some veg and possibly invest in a greenhouse.

Im looking for a plan :)

Mike

Reaction score
Hi Mike, nice to meet you. Cumbria... that would be one of the coldest parts of England, I hear. Would you agree?
Some years ago a friend of mine lived in North Cumbria and always impressed me with her photos of the breathtaking landscapes you have over there. What grows best in your region?
Hey
Yeah, im over in West Cumbria (about a mile from the coast, and yes it can get rather cold up here :-(

We have just moved to a bigger home and larger gardens so i am venturing into a bit of gardening and looking for ideas for a small veggie plot.

Mike

Reaction score
Welcome Mike, I am sure you will find lots to talk about and learn here. What type of garden do you prefer flowers or vegetables?
Hi
I have a lawned area i would like to spruce up with plants/flowers and a separate smaller garden i am looking into veggies and a greenhouse

Mike

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have about 1/4 of an acre as lawn (which looks bare) and a smaller area at the bottom of the garden which is an ideal place separated from main garden to grow some veg and possibly invest in a greenhouse.

Im looking for a plan :)

Mike

Sounds like you've got a lot of potential there! Are you currently planning the layout and what you will put where?

Ask a Question