Hello from Cumbria

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! New member and new gardener!

My husband was bought up with a great garden and the last two years we've been pulling our garden together. We have a little greenhouse which is thriving this year and a small garden which we're trying to make a bit better.

We have plans to make a mini allotment at the back!

This year we've planted peas, cucumbers, peppers (normal and chilli things....), spring onions, beetroot, broccoli, rhubarb, strawberries and some flowers.

I'd be interested in hearing any hints or tips anyone has for flowers as we don't seem to do so well with them - the only seeds which didn't produce are my flower ones, and while I appreciate the veg, I want something pretty! I have a honeysuckle plant which is green and growing (2 years old) but no flowers, my sunflowers look a bit droopy, and my lavender didn't even sprout.

Love being in the garden, and there is something very exciting about growing something for yourself!

Hello everyone!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum @vickie1982! (y) I love the Lake District, it's such a beautiful part of the world.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome. The Lake District is so lovely - you've brought back happy thoughts of it. Sounds like it may be your soil. What type of flowers are you thinking of?

Reaction score
Hello there, welcome to the forum, pleased to meet you :) It sounds like you got a really interesting project in your hands, best of luck with that, it sounds like a lot fun and I'm sure you will find all the info you might need here :)

Ask a Question