Hello Everybody

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Belgium
Hi, me and my husband live in Portugal, we have bought a piece of land about half an acre in size and are currently planning to build a house. We want to grow a lot of vegetables and have a good number of fruit trees on the land, some of them old ones and a few younger trees. We have also planted some lemon trees, blueberries and almond trees. Looking forward getting some gardening advice and help others.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Belgium
Welcome to the forum valedevento. :) May I ask please why your location is showing as Belgium if you live in Portugal?
I am from Belgium and have always lived there, we just recently moved to Portugal, but might have to go back and forth to Belgium for a couple of years before moving permanently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! :)

I am from Belgium and have always lived there, we just recently moved to Portugal, but might have to go back and forth to Belgium for a couple of years before moving permanently.

I was wondering that too! People tend to use their location to show the area of the country that they want advice regarding - for example, if your queries are going to be mostly related to Portugal, then it might be worth changing it to that :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Sounds like your garden is pretty amazing already - I would love to grow blueberries and lemons since one of my favorite cakes is a blueberry lemon one! Although maybe that would be kind of dangerous!!

Can't wait to hear more about your garden!

Reaction score
Hi there, neighbors ;) It's always nice to see people from Belgium joining the forum :) I haven't seen many Belgians on here so far! Congrats on living the dream and buying a house in Portugal, you can practically grow almost everything you want over there :) Best of luck with your project and welcome to the forum!

Ask a Question