Garden Stream - DIY Natural Pond Filter

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a crazy gardener.

Imagine I dug a 200 feet long Stream just with a round stovel.... but the outcome is awesome...

See my building pictures: ----> How to build a meanders garden Stream

The cascading section of my Stream:
cascading-creek.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Awesome work! I would not call you crazy, I would call you innovative. We have talked about putting ponds on our property, but now that I seen your stream... it gave me a even better idea. Our property has gentle slopes all over it. I think I will add these streams to feed into the ponds to help drain off the excess water. It could help me from having to worry to much of flooding in my yard and garden. Thanks for the idea!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Is it your house, Jardinier? It looks gorgeous! Your garden is amazing too, you did a really great job:) I wish I was as talented as you. Having a garden creek and a pond is one of my biggest dreams.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's a beautiful setup, jardinier, It looks to have taken an incredible amount of work! Could I ask how long it took you to do this? It must have been quite the long-term project!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow. The stream looks absolutely stunning. It must have taken a lot of time and hard work but the result is so beautiful and worth it. How long did it actually take to make?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My boyfriend and I have been giving it a lot of thought and realize that this would be a great way to deliver water throughout the 40 acres we have. It would be both pleasing and efficient. It would also attract a lot of different wildlife in the area and we could use the opportunity to get some amazing pictures. Plus there is an endangered species of bird here that having a ready water source may help save. The Greater Sage Grouse.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It looks amazing! It looks like it was professionally done. Thank you for posting this.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your Pond is great and work of love for sure. That was a lot of work but worth it.

Ask a Question