Free Parks Weekend

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This weekend all of the State Parks here had a free parks visit weekend and I missed out because I had to work. You have to pay for a day use permit normally to go to the state parks if you want to park on the lots and this money goes toward maintain the parks. I am really bummed because I like to go and explore the wild vegetation. Does your region offer a free parks day?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I believe we something like that here in Connecticut but I have never taken advantage. State forest areas there is no charge for and can used anytime for a hike.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We do have a nice park but entry is through a pass for which one only needs to apply. No payment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not that I'm aware of. However several years ago the state started offering the option of adding a surcharge to the annual vehicle registration fee - I think its $10 - which allows for free admittance to state parks year around. Which is a great deal; I've always paid it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Most of our state, and county parks are free. The only ones that charge a usage rate are the ones that have some sort of recreation like beaches, boating, or camping.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of our regional parks are free if the parke has some sort of swimming pool there maybe a charge to enter the area as far as I know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
To use our state parks or national parks you have to pay a $10 parking fee per day if you wish to park in the lots. The other option is to get a $30 Discover pass which is an annual fee and allows you to display the pass with unlimited trips throughout the year. If you visit the parks a lot, it is much more cost effective to g wet the annual pass.

Ask a Question