Fertilizer without herbicide

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I'm looking for a fertilizer without herbicide. My wife just picked up a couple bags of fertilizer but they must have herbicide in them as they say they also control crab grass and some other types of unwanted grasses. I would rather not use any herbicide just because it seems safer and I also have a vegetable garden and I've heard of problems that herbicides could cause with vegetables gardens. Any thoughts on this? Recommendations of a non-herbicide grass fertilizer?

Thanks,
Nick

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm looking for a fertilizer without herbicide. My wife just picked up a couple bags of fertilizer but they must have herbicide in them as they say they also control crab grass and some other types of unwanted grasses. I would rather not use any herbicide just because it seems safer and I also have a vegetable garden and I've heard of problems that herbicides could cause with vegetables gardens. Any thoughts on this? Recommendations of a non-herbicide grass fertilizer?

Thanks,
Nick
Most if not all real nurserys will have organic fertilizers. Read about chemicals, organic methods and products in the Organic Gardening forum on this site

Ask a Question