Feel Like Im Behind

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just came back from Mennonite Store and they had there plants out Blooming and Big and Pretty.

I was thinking be a little closer to last frost date having plants to put out when it is safe.

My wife said think about it they have acres of Greenhouses.

She says what I have is ok. But some flowers I've had for a year before they look good enough to sell.

She said don't worry sell what I can and learn.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rockpile, From experience mate, it takes time to set up plant sales. They are living things and need time to get established. So do you! This sort of task is not the easiest thing to get started, and there is always SO much to go wrong.
I advise you to try and see it as a relaxing pastime rather than ''a business'' enjoy what you are doing, and don't worry about the sales for a while.
Ziggy has been growing his cactus now for a long time, and the little cactus house, and poly tunnel is just beginning to really shape up. He has a few customers, but not a continuous stream of them. Some plants are grown from seed, and have taken two or three years to get to a size where they are saleable. The thing is, they are now bigger, and there are so many of them ....... and he can't have another greenhouse at the moment - cos I said so 😈😈 I think you men have to listen to your women folk very carefully !!!!!

Ask a Question