Favorite variety of cherries

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The one thing I love about the summer is the abundance of fresh cherries. They are one if my favorite fruits and I could eat pounds of them. Classic red are delicious and we have a local hybrid called rainier cherries that are red and yellow in color. What are your favorite cherries?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Michigan is also a huge cherry-producing state, and they're about to start showing up in stores. We also have a yellow variety, very similar to the Rainier cherries.
http://mynorth.com/2014/08/northern-michigan-cherries-101/
I'm not that knowledgeable about all the different varieties but last year got some black cherries from the farmers' market and they were just excellent and very sweet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I do not get the kind of cherries I really love to eat. I have an image here for you.
I have cherry tree that gives out tart cherries. They cannot be eaten but I make good juice and wine out of them.
Cherries.jpg

Cherries that I like.

cherries.jpg

These grow in my garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love cherries of all kind, but they ones they usually have here are Bing cherries. A handful of cherries, fresh or dried, help me with my sleep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love big, red and yellow cherries. They're delicious, very sweet and juicy. Unfortunately, I don't know what variety is it. I've never tried to grow cherries myself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, thank you for posting the pic of cherries. I love cherries and I sometimes buy despite the exorbitant price of 1,200 pesos per kilo.. that's around $30. I remember when we were in Hongkong 2 years ago, sidewalk traders have lots of cherries and so cheap at $5 per pound. My husband and I would buy a pound and eat it right there in the street.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love Bing and Rainier cherries. Grew up eating truckloads of them during the summer haha. They remind me of summer traveling since I could get them super cheap from various orchards up and down the I-5 corridor.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cherries are not my favorite fruit and I do not get them often. I do like the Bing Cherries when I do get them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cherries are expensive even when they are in season locally. I really love them and they are the best summer treat ever. When I buy a house at some point in the next couple of years I am going to buy a cherry tree and try to grow my own.

Ask a Question