Easy vegetables that anyone can grow

Reaction score
Hi guys! Here is a short list of (according to the author) the easiest vegetables to grow, this is specially dedicated to all the new gardeners, and also those gardeners who like me have almost no experience growing edibles.

Easy-Vegetables-that-anyone-can-grow.jpg

http://grow-vegetable.com/easy-vegetables-that-anyone-can-grow/

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nice list here. Gardening should be fun and enjoyed by all. I guess we can all be successful with almost any plants as long as we know the basics and be patient for the plants to grow. Tender loving care should always be given to plants and is generally needed by all types.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I will add okras and pole sitao to the list you posted because they are to my experience two of the easiest vegetables to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic list, @Trellum ! I have grown all of these vegetables in the past, but my favorite one is the pea pod. I love cooking with those in stir fried. We are now heading into winter, but these fresh looking vegetables make my finger itched to dig in the dirt and plant some :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting these are also the ones that once they start growing I say PLEASE STOP! Two packs of beans are enough for two years, just when you think they are done they start again it seems like the picking never ends. With one pack of squash the vines will take over the whole garden if not the whole yard and the tomatoes well do they ever end? But in a months the snow will be here and in 4 months the garden catalogs will start coming again and it starts all over again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Beans and carrots are my favorite easy grow plants. You almost are guaranteed success when you plant them in the ground. Chive and green onions are also extremely easy to grow.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm really new to gardening, but I have a tomato plant that is doing really well. No wonder tomato is on the list. I'm going to have to plant the other plants listed, thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that okra is very easy. They do really well all on their own. I think this list is really great, however and gives newbies an idea where they should start.

Reaction score
@misskrystal1982 That's is good to know, it's also great to have the expert's opinion too ;)

@gardennoob Hi there!!! I'm so glad you found this little list useful! Yes, I think tomatoes are definitely the way to go. You know what else I found to be extremely easy to grow? Cucumbers! My first edible ever was cucumbers :) I had very little space to work with, but they still managed to thrive!

Reaction score
Beans and carrots are my favorite easy grow plants. You almost are guaranteed success when you plant them in the ground. Chive and green onions are also extremely easy to grow.

Thanks for the info, I think we should all take note :) I think I was wrong when I saw my first edible was cucumbers, now that I think well and hard about it... it was actually beans! I didn't really remember that though, because I was very little when I started experimenting with beans ;) It all started with a school project.

Reaction score
Interesting these are also the ones that once they start growing I say PLEASE STOP! Two packs of beans are enough for two years, just when you think they are done they start again it seems like the picking never ends. With one pack of squash the vines will take over the whole garden if not the whole yard and the tomatoes well do they ever end? But in a months the snow will be here and in 4 months the garden catalogs will start coming again and it starts all over again.

Hehehe, maybe that is why they are said to be so easy to grow ;) The only experience I've with tomato is some really blurry memories of my biological dad's plants. He also planted chilies. I remember his tomato plants bore many tomatoes, sadly they didn't seem to be the best quality. It sounds like you have a real green thumb, must be amazing to plant edibles and just be picking and picking the goods they bear :love: I've always wanted to do that!

Reaction score
Fantastic list, @Trellum ! I have grown all of these vegetables in the past, but my favorite one is the pea pod. I love cooking with those in stir fried. We are now heading into winter, but these fresh looking vegetables make my finger itched to dig in the dirt and plant some :)

Yaaay! I'm glad you liked it!! It's always good to have some feedback. I haven't tried planting any of those yet, but I did see my bio dad growing some tomatoes when I was little. I might give those edibles a try, plus the other suggestions you guys mentioned ;)

Nice list here. Gardening should be fun and enjoyed by all. I guess we can all be successful with almost any plants as long as we know the basics and be patient for the plants to grow. Tender loving care should always be given to plants and is generally needed by all types.

Thank you and completely agree with you :) Tender love and care is always good thing when growing plants, raising children and cultivating friendships ;)

I will add okras and pole sitao to the list you posted because they are to my experience two of the easiest vegetables to grow.

Thanks! I'm afraid I will have to google ''pole sitao'' hehehehe!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this list Trellum:)
My mom used to grow squash, she was great at it. We always had more squash than we needed;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
When I first tried my hand in gardening, my husband, who is a seasoned gardener, gave me some planting materials - cuttings of sweet potato vines. He taught me how to plant it. So easy because all I did was dig a small hole with the trowel, put the end of the cutting in that hole and put back the soil. In just a week, the vine had developed buds of new leaves. That sweet potato vine is one good vegetable that is very easy to grow.

Reaction score
Nice, @Corzhens! I love to grow things from cuttings, because that process makes gardening so much easier. I actually have a preference for the plants that can be propagated by cuttings and not only by seeds. I actually hate growing things by seeds, unless we are talking about cucumbers ;) I've almost no experience with growing edibles (other than cucumbers).

Ask a Question