Do you spray for bugs?

Jed

Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing a bit more. Does it help with any other pests? What is the exact mixture you use?

Thanks!

You can use white oil for most plant sucking pests. It can be made or purchased from a gardening centre. One advantage in making it yourself is, vegetable oil is used rather than a petroleum based oil. The cheapest vegetable oil available can be used.

1. In a blender, combine 2 cups of vegetable oil with ½ cup of dish-washing liquid. Blend it up until it’s well mixed.
This is your concentrate and can be stored in a jar. Be sure to label it and include the dilution rate shown below on the label.

2. To prepare the concentrate for use, dilute 1 tablespoon in 1 litre of water, mix it well and spray both sides of the foliage thoroughly.

3. Always follow this dilution rate, because you can burn the foliage if it’s too strong. Don’t apply it in hot weather and avoid using it on plants with hairy foliage as well as ferns, palms and cycads as this can also cause leaf burn.

4. Regular applications of this oil based spray will help protect your plants.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I don't spray wiyh poison of any sort! I try to use essential oils ot natural ingredients like garlic to ward off bugs. Poisons kill off much more than the naughty critters!

Ask a Question