Do I have a pest problem?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
One more question: I haven't fertilised the flowers in a while. Would that help?
I wish I could help with that one but I don't know much about flowers so I don't want to give wrong info. It's a good question though, I would post it in the flower section of the forum under "Perennials" and someone will know and help. :)

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just incase you don't know I should mention, if you use the vinegar and water you will have to spray it on the plant but try not to get as little as possible on the soil because the it can mess with the soil PH. It's watered down so it's not anything to worry about but you still want to avoid as much as possible getting it in the soil.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I also forgot to mention this.. I don't know much about flowers but I read a lot of people talking about dead heading flowers. It means pulling off the dead flowers so the plant will flower more. I noticed in the last pic there seems to be some flowers on the plant that expired so it might help to pluck them off.

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Today I've found these things on the leaves. Also took a photo of it on the terrace floor. What is this?
20230811_213916.jpg

Attachments

• 20230811_213831.jpg
    20230811_213831.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe a dried casing from a part of a flower if I had to guess. Looks like a dried seed casing.. wind might have blown it onto the plant.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's not a slug or any pest. It looks like a membrane for the flower or something like that.

Actually looking at it again I think it's just a old flower petal that didn't fall off.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What about the white cocoon?
Is it silkie? It looked like a dried up flower petal but it could be some kind of cocoon. I still wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't look like whatever made it is there now. It might have been from the caterpillars, I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hello again :)

I took my petunias inside home because the temperatures are now hovering around O Celsius, sometimes lower. And one of them has got this. Simultaneously I saw some weird little flies in the living room where the petunias sit. Probably connected? Will vinegar help again?

20231107_093255.jpg

Ask a Question