Bespoke fence.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck to your son alp because plastering is definitely a good trade to learn and plasterers will always have plenty of well paid work.

I do plastering on a need to do basis but I'm self taught so am slow; I've previously installed new ceilings and also a couple of years ago gave our front room a comprehensive makeover as seen below. I don't mind doing plastering but it's such a messy job.

Kind regards, Colin.

Front room_004.JPG
Painted_001.JPG
Painted_002.JPG
Room makeover_010.JPG

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,

The only local growth industry is fast food outlets and mini supermarkets. Great Britain used to be a proud manufacturing country respected the world over; the industrial revolution started here but we are now importing from China; Japan and India goods

Colin, you should see Ohio.
We are all of the above compounded by a heroin epidemic.
I still have one of your great brit products in my garage.
My MGB!
(oh, the front room makeover looks regal!)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks mg guy for your kind comment; much appreciated. (y)

We too over here have a huge drugs problem; when I was much younger America was always the place where murders and all manner of crimes were committed but these days it's just as bad here in the UK; Bron and I live in Huddersfield but we never ever go into the town center; we travel by car and our local council see car drivers as cash machines employing an army of traffic wardens rather than spending the money on decent parking lots but then of course the traffic wardens pay for themselves whilst alienating car drivers from visiting Huddersfield; we should be proud of our own town but we aren't and don't advise anyone to visit the town center. The council have now installed "bus gates";

Bus gates..JPG

The council might just as well build walls across the streets because we won't be visiting; about 25 years ago a shopping mall called "Meadowhall" opened 23 miles distant from us; we can be in Meadowhall with free parking under cover strolling around in comfort quicker than we can park a car in Huddersfield.

Not only is parking dire in Huddersfield who would want to visit Huddersfield Town at night with all the crime; in fact during the day it's no longer safe; I read the local news on the web and councilors are wondering why so many stores are boarded up? Here's a picture of what's happening this weekend;

Huddersfield..JPG

The local news is full of crime every day and even on our own street the police did a drugs bust a while ago; Bron and I shop out of town.

mg guy might explain you having a Brit MG? I used to ride powerful motorcycles and in 1973 traded in my one year old 750cc BMW bike against a nearly new MG Roadster mine in Midnight Blue; it had the chrome bumpers and chrome wire wheels; in its day it was an highly rated sports car but I only kept it a short while; after the performance of the big bikes the MG seemed quite slow. I owned many bikes and cars but I think my favourite old car owned over 40 years ago was my Austin Healey 100/4; Reg number; EEB 88.

Austin healey.JPG

The big Healey was exactly as shown in the picture above; it came with five brand new tyres; full soft top and tonneau cover; the sound from the big bore exhaust used to make the hairs on the back of my neck bristle it sounded glorious; my car was an exact copy as above same colour and in totally immaculate condition at that time it cost me £150 cash; a similar car in immaculate condition now can cost around £80,000. I ran the Healey until I became fed up of stopping at every petrol station to fuel it up; this also applied to my other cars at the time. I was a single guy then working 7 days a week but when I married my lovely Bron I settled down to a huge mortgage and someone wonderful to share my life with. :)

Just rambling on as usual.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question