Yoshino flowering cherry tree issues

Reaction score
Country
United States
From the photos, can anyone identify what is wrong with my yoshino flowering cherry trees. I have 4 of them planted in the front of my home. All 4 (some worse than others) are developing dark spots and holes on their leaves. Some leaves are even turning red/orange like it is autumn and falling to the ground. Someone told me it is a fungus however I am unsure.

They were planted one year ago. They are on a drip irrigation for 60 minutes 2 days a week. My soil is very sandy since I live on the east coast shore.

Any insight/help/remedies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
trees 1.jpg

trees 2.jpg
trees 3.jpg
trees 4.jpg
trees 1.jpg trees 2.jpg trees 3.jpg trees 4.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
can anyone help? these trees have gotten much worse in 2 months. All leaves are now turning with black spots. It is way too early for autumn drop. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hi, I think you will find more about your problem under search Cherry leaf spot (Blumeriella jaapii). It is one of the most common fungal diseases on cherry trees that causes premature leaf drop and overall weakens the tree. To prevent the infection the application of a fungicide late in autumn or early spring is required. And it is good if you remove all the leaves after dropping, either burn them or dispose them in a way so that the spores can not affect the tree the folowing spring.

Ask a Question