Country
Israel
Any idea?
IMG_1886.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am no expert on lemons, but I often see questions about them, maybe worth trying ;lemon tree' in search.
As I say 'no expert' but the first impression I have is of a small pot in a not very light place.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very gently dig out as much of the old soil as you can out of the pot. Then replace the old soil with a new topsoil or garden soil. Don't use indoor potting mix make sure it's soil. Your tree is planted too deep so when up add the new soil and leave a little more space on top.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I am no expert on lemons, but I often see questions about them, maybe worth trying ;lemon tree' in search.
As I say 'no expert' but the first impression I have is of a small pot in a not very light place.
Thanks. As far as the sun goes I live in Israel so it gets plenty. The pot is not huge indeed but it has been in it for many years and everything was fine…

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Very gently dig out as much of the old soil as you can out of the pot. Then replace the old soil with a new topsoil or garden soil. Don't use indoor potting mix make sure it's soil. Your tree is planted too deep so when up add the new soil and leave a little more space on top.
Thanks, I’ll try that.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks. As far as the sun goes I live in Israel so it gets plenty. The pot is not huge indeed but it has been in it for many years and everything was fine…
When I zoom in on the leaves they all look like they have mildew on them. I looked it up on Google:

Citrus powdery mildew is a fungal disease that causes leaf and shoot distortion, premature leaf and fruit drop, and twig and branch dieback. The disease can also be a major problem in citrus nurseries.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well it seems to have everything wrong with it and I will make a list.

1] It is pot bound and needs planting out. In a pot it is getting either too much water or not enough.
2] It needs a balanced citrus fertilizer containing Nitrogen, phosphorous and sulphate of iron.
3] it also looks to have the onset of 'curly leaf' but that could be just that it needs some tender care.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plants are not static, things will have changed over 'many years', because it 'was fine' does not me it is or will be.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In the Bible, flowers and plants often symbolize various virtues, such as love, faith, and hope, as well as significant events in the lives of biblical figures. For example, the lily represents purity, innocence, and resurrection, while the rose symbolizes love, beauty, and hope.
The lemon tree, bitterness.
This sounds like it might fit in here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The leaf in the center of the first picture looks like it has psyllids and the lowest ones look like they have spider mites. Up-potting would be a good idea to give it some fresh soil. You could adjust the soil level at the same time. The leaves that look like they have ‘mildew’ look like they have water spots from hard water.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
As I said, it appears to have everything wrong with it. Now insect infestation.
That is three more things to add to my list.
Total now six.

Genesis 1:30
And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The leaves that look like they have ‘mildew’ look like they have water spots from hard water.

That could be it too. Although usually citrus powder mildew starts as very faint looking water spots and becomes more fuzzy over time so it's hard to say without looking at it closely.

images.jpeg

powdery-mildew-citrus-1.jpg

Hopefully the op looks over everything mentioned and lets us know.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes, sales are important.

Have true scales, true weights and measures for all things: I am the Lord your God, who took you out of the land of Egypt;

Leviticus 19:36

Ask a Question