Veggie plants dead

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have dead or dying plants. Crimson sweet , and Sugar babies watermelons, Bush cucumbers, Black magic eggplants and Jalapeños. All were plants from store, not from my seed. They are in raised beds with native soil.
Tomatoes , straight neck squash and bell peppers are doing okay, but did struggle until last week. Potatoes and onions are doing great!
Do you think I might have a deficient soil? Calcium?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have dead or dying plants. Crimson sweet , and Sugar babies watermelons, Bush cucumbers, Black magic eggplants and Jalapeños. All were plants from store, not from my seed. They are in raised beds with native soil.
Tomatoes , straight neck squash and bell peppers are doing okay, but did struggle until last week. Potatoes and onions are doing great!
Do you think I might have a deficient soil? Calcium?
Got to have pictures of the plants

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Until this week here, it has been too cold for watermelon, cucumbers, eggplants and jalapenos. Potatoes and onions thrive in cool temps. You are well north of me in zone 7 so no doubt those plants you listed are struggling.

The local stores are in business to make money and they make it selling plants whether or not it is too cold or too hot for individual types to survive. It has been a cool spring, probably the coolest I can remember and those plants that died all do NOT tolerate cool temps well.

The good news is spring is about over and temps are going up. The warm weather crops will takeoff now.

Last edited:

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
Until this week here, it has been too cold for watermelon, cucumbers, eggplants and jalapenos. Potatoes and onions thrive in cool temps. You are well north of me in zone 7 so no doubt those plants you listed are struggling.

The local stores are in business to make money and they make it selling plants whether or not it is too cold or too hot for individual types to survive. It has been a cool spring, probably the coolest I can remember and those plants that died all do NOT tolerate cool temps well.

The good news is spring is about over and temps are going up. The warm weather crops will takeoff now.
Same here—NW Florida, the cucumber and peppers were slow to grow from seed...depending on temperature next week, I may plant my watermelons. The temperature hasn’t stayed in 70s yet. Even this morning it was 51 degrees.

Ask a Question