Tips on how to grow certain vegetables in your home?

Reaction score
I live in an apartment, so only have my balcony to grow foots and vegetables on. I can't grow much out there, so am looking for some tips on growing vegetables in my home.

I mostly just want to grow tomatoes and spinach leaves. Does anyone have any experience with growing fruits and vegetables in their home? If so, can you share your experiences? Thanks.

Reaction score
My dad grows all sorts of vegetables at home, he always uses pots. It's not as hard as you think, so far he has grown tomatoes and chilis mostly! All he needed was good soil and a plant pot. You need to place your pot in a place where you know your new plants will get enough light. Don't worry if you fail at first, most people do! Just keep trying and you will succed :) (y)

Reaction score
I live in an apartment, so only have my balcony to grow foots and vegetables on. I can't grow much out there, so am looking for some tips on growing vegetables in my home.

I mostly just want to grow tomatoes and spinach leaves. Does anyone have any experience with growing fruits and vegetables in their home? If so, can you share your experiences? Thanks.

When you say growing fruits and vegetables in your home, am assuming that you mean in pots and baskets on your balcony.

If that is the case, you will be pleased to know that any fruit or vegetable that can be grown in the ground, can be grown in a pot and that some can also be grown in hanging baskets.

In the vegetable section of this forum, there is a great deal of information on this subject, which I think you might find useful, under the thread title of ' plants that do best when potted ' :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Spinach will grow anywhere.
Pak choi too.
If protected, they'll grow all year round.
How about a few herbs to go with your tomatoes? Basil and oregano?

Reaction score
I grew tomatoes on my porch for years and found that the five gallon bucket with holes punched in the bottom worked great with tomatoes. I grew smaller variety of tomatoes - no Big Boy types. Additionally I planted green beans and sweet peppers, herbs too. The keys are having big pots, diligent watering and weekly fertilizing.

Ask a Question