The Mother of All Boston Ferns

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
This past fall I got so lucky, a friend I know from work asked me to take her two Boston Ferns that she had on the patio because there was no room in the condo. I have never seen such large lush ferns outside of a botanical garden. Truthfully I was afraid I would probably kill them but they seem to be doing very well in my dining area by the picture window. These Ferns are huge and I am not certain if I should be doing anything more then watering them every few days. They seem well and perky.

As a rule I stick to succulents, does anyone have any advice on what to do. Seriously I am afraid to move them or change anything because they are doing well. They take up half the room but that's okay they are lovely,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
From what I know, any kind of fern thrive when there is just enough water. For indoor plants, spraying water is preferred especially with ferns, I know they love water on their fronds. And you are right on that - why fix it when it ain't broke. Just let it be as long as it is alive. Just watch for withering leaves, that's a sign that it has an issue with water or sunlight.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can repot the ferns to make them smaller and easier to manage for you. Ferns like moisture, spraying them daily is a good habit when it comes to caring for ferns.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Mockingbird, there is a famous saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and it seems that your ferns are doing well and you are enjoying them. Keep on doing what you are doing and I don't see any reason to change your care of them.
May I add that I am absolutely green with envy--ferns are one of my favorite plants!

Ask a Question