The most beautiful flowering trees in your garden

Reaction score
I don't have any kind of flowering tree in the garden, but I dream of having a wisteria once I move out from here (maybe one day). I totally love purple colour, so this tree would really suit me, plus I read this tree isn't messy at all and requires some hard work before you see it blooming, since this tree starts its life as a vine!! Here are some pictures:

Whimsical-Wisteria-Gardens-and-Tunnel-in-Japan-5.jpeg

20-Wisteria-Tunnel.jpeg

Wisteria-Japan.jpg

21-Wisteria+Tunnel.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Like you know, I love wisteria too, it's breathtakingly beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pictures:)

How about flowering almond? Actually, it's a shrub, but it often looks like a small tree. When I was a child, we had one in our garden.
It's so beautiful:

IMG_0782.JPG

Pink_flowering_almond_i_think_by_motleyscrued.jpg

Reaction score
You're welcome, Claudine :) And wow... your parents have had a lot different type of trees and shrubs :D I'm counting the ivy you told me about as well! It seems your parents are really into gardening! By the way, those flowers are so beautiful, I can almost sense the way those flowers smell. It must be super fragant :love: I've never seen an almond tree or shrub before... I had always wondered where almonds came from ever since I read raw almonds were extremely toxic :sick::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that the name 'almond tree' is just a coincidence, because the tree doesn't produce almonds:p. It's an ornamental variety, it blooms beautifully, but doesn't produce anything edible.
To be honest, I don't remember whether its flowers are fragrant or not. My parents cut our tree many years ago:cry:. Back then, I was so small that I couldn't reach the branches to smell the flowers:cry:

Reaction score
Ow, really? I had no idea! I thought the almond tree actually produced almonds, silly me :X3::giggle: I still imagine those flowers were really fragant tho, I imagine that because of the size :) In my experience most big flowers (from a tree) have a strong smell, not as strong as a rose's but still :) By the way... it seems like your parents have cut a lot trees... why is that? :eek::eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not sure:cry: They're vandals, that's all. They prefer to have an ugly lawn rather then trees and flowers. It's yet another reason to move out.
I think that they simply don't appreciate the beauty and don't enjoy gardening and since grass doesn't need to be taken care of, it's perfect for them:(
I always promise myself that if I ever have my own garden, I'll plant at least 15 trees there:D

Reaction score
Ow :( My mom is the same, by the way! LOL, she removed a peach tree when I was little, apparently she couldn't be bothered with it it, because the tree dropped some leaves and flowers :p So she had to cut it just like that, so what you told me doesn't sound that odd at all! :p I plan to do the same when I move to a bigger place; I'll plant a lot beautiful trees... some fruit ones as well ;) I'd love to enjoy a homemade limonetto!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Homemade limonetto sounds delicious!:D I'm sorry about the peach tree:(
Personally, I plan to plant poplars, oaks and walnut trees. I'm pretty sure that my boyfriend will insist on planting some conifers. I'm not a big fan of them, but I guess I could tolerate one or two smaller ones;)

Reaction score
Aww! Conifers are interesting trees, we had one in my old house :) It was too big and tall, so my mom could never cut it :D All the trees you mentioned are truly gorgeous :) It seems you're really into landscaping ;) I'm sure you will have a really beautiful garden :) I think I'll get a wisteria for mine, and the rest? not sure yet! I'll let my soon-to-be father in law to surprise me :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I prefer trees with leaves, especially during autumn. They look so romantic. And when they lose their leaves, their branches remind me of black lace:) I'm glad that your mom could never cut your conifer:p My parents once decided to get rid of a very, very old acacia that was bigger than our house:eek::eek: They had to hire a few men to do this. I guess nothing can stop them:eek:

Reaction score
LOL, wow!!! It seems that once their parents decide to do something nothing can really stop them, isn't it? :eek: What was the reason to remove that tree (this time)? They have removed a lot stuff, I've the feeling this is just the tip of the iceberb :p

Have you checked the japanese maple trees? They look so beautiful, during autumn they have the most beautiful red leaves ever :)

60-SEEDS-font-b-JAPANESE-b-font-RED-font-b-MAPLE-b-font-font-b-TREE.jpg

What do you think?

Reaction score
I remember my best friend bought me a twig of a Jacaranda. Within a few years it grew into the most beautiful tree. I loved the photo above with the virtual canopy of jacaranda. They are gorgeous but the sap and flowers are not good for your cars finish, so be careful about parking areas. Overall though, they are unquestionably my favorite flowering tree.

Ask a Question