Soaking Blackberries

Reaction score
Wow! Yep I agree I could have gone my entire life without seeing that! No more eating them straight off the bush for me! Yuck!

Reaction score
It's like putting a big red button up with "DO NOT PRESS" you know folk will have to press it :D

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=9644

Derp, I pressed that far more times that is healthy I think. Of course it took me far too long to realize there was also a "next button" once I got to the multiples. Sigh.

ETA: Next button is not for the same thing. Double sigh.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I pressed it too many times too, it was funny:D Also, it helped me to relax after seeing the awful, creepy creature in the first link, lol:p

Reaction score
Oh gosh I love blackberries. They are my favorite berry. We always wash ours I hope that we have not ate any of those nasty looking things!!! :eek:

Reaction score
All this talk about pushing the button, couldn't resist it either, fortunately for me, am not likely to be encountering these grotesque looking creatures in my blackberries, :) as blackberries are a pretty rare thing where I live, do you think they may live in raspberries as well. :eek:
Those teeth are something though, sort of resemble something out of a horror movie to me

Yep, they say, over a lifetime, the average person will chew up and swallow in their sleep, 5 whole Tabby Cats:eek::D

Is that why there are so few tabby cats around :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not seen em in Raspberries, don't know why.

I guess so, not heard of anyone eating a black cat in their sleep, maybe thats unlucky or something :D

Reaction score
Not seen em in Raspberries, don't know why.

I guess so, not heard of anyone eating a black cat in their sleep, maybe thats unlucky or something :D

Me neither black or otherwise, think it varies from Country to Country, in some they are lucky in others not, but now I understand why, you sometimes wake up in the morning with a horrible taste in your mouth, its because you've been overindulging in tabby cats :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I hate it when that happens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I didn't look at the picture, and after reading all of the responses, I am scared to look now ! But I guess it sounds like one should always soak their berries before eating them, especially fresh and raw.
Our blackberry bushes were loaded with berries this year, but they berries didn't develop well, and they were like currants, and not really worth picking.
We had a lot of rain, but some really hot days as well, so maybe the heat got them right when they should have been growing.

Reaction score
I didn't look. I don't want to know because I live blackberries and I don't want to stop eating them. By reading all the posts I get the idea that it is something gross and I don't want to see. I would rather be blissful in my ignorance.

Ask a Question