Re-potting down memory lane

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mom and I are re-potting plants, which prompted a trip down memory lane. Moms always had indoor plants. Some she has had for years, some decades. Two plants in particular, snake plants ( she calls them rabbit ears) she has had for 20 years (currently, they reach about 5'9 pot to tip), made me think of years gone by- when we lived in what we affectionately refer to as "the big house"(the biggest house we lived in) when she first got the plants, I vividly recall them standing in the dining room, one on each side of the picture window. When we moved, all three times, her plants came with. If you look through our photos, you'll likely see them make an appearance at several stages of our lives. They've survived kids, pets, and trips in cars to a new house.
My Mom has always had a connection to her plants, something her family often teases her about. But I'm surprised to realize that I, too, am connected to them.
I think I understand my mom a little bit more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
What a nice story to read.

reminds me of when my sons were toddlers and visiting my mother for a lovely sunny afternoon.

She glanced out the window and was delighted to see them tossing a lovely red ball to her black labrador, Brandy. A few minutes later she looked out again and came to the realization that they seemed to have several red balls. To her horror she figured out that they were picking her tomatoes and tossing them to Brandy.
I don't think she'd run that fast in years!
:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What a nice story to read.

reminds me of when my sons were toddlers and visiting my mother for a lovely sunny afternoon.

She glanced out the window and was delighted to see them tossing a lovely red ball to her black labrador, Brandy. A few minutes later she looked out again and came to the realization that they seemed to have several red balls. To her horror she figured out that they were picking her tomatoes and tossing them to Brandy.
I don't think she'd run that fast in years!
:)

Oh no! Haha! Well at least they'll have the memory! Perhaps a story to tell their own grandkids!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am connected to my plants, I talk to them and they talk to me when I have not been taking good care of them.

Reaction score
I wish my mom and I had this hobby in common :( Sadly we don't, my mom doesn't care about plants one bit... But my grandma did have plants. I left some plants in my mom's house but they died because she never watered them, she even let her mom's plant die! So I guess she has no connection to plants, I do though :) Kinda amazing we are both related :p

Ask a Question