Quick diy cheese

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had never heard of farmers cheese but came across it somehow online. I was very skeptical it would be any good but had some milk that was getting close to expire so I gave it a try. It turned out really good!

I used 1 Lt of 2% milk and added about a cup or 2 of cream. Heated it to 190 in a pot on the stove stirring so it wouldn't burn on the bottom. After a few minutes at 190 I added some vinegar, about a cup. The milk separated and I strained it with cheese cloth then added some salt, garlic and chives. I let it sit overnight in the fridge and tried it the next day on crackers. I thought it was absolutely delicious! It didn't last long.

I also make my own Greek yogurt so next I am going to try Falah.. yogurt cheese. (I think I spelled that right, Falah?). It's suppose to be like a cream cheese. Just thought I would share this if anyone is interested or has made these quick cheese recipes before. I'd love to hear what you think of them and any tips or tricks in doing it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I should mention I am no expert or anything at making this stuff, just killing time on rainy days trying healthy alternatives to buying stuff in stores. If I can do it, anyone can lol.

Ask a Question