Plants in a cold house that will survive the winter

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello, in my apartment I have about 30 plants (mainly philodendrons, alocasias). However, winter is a hard time for them... There is a temperature of about 18-19 degrees Celsius and there is quite little sunshine. Unfortunately I happen to overwater the plants due to which they rot... Also sometimes a bugs appear - like spider mites (tetranychus urticae).

I wonder if you recommend any plants in such conditions? Which ones like low temperatures and are resistant to bugs? I would love to increase my collection, but I am looking for some interesting types of plants that will live well in such conditions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The temperature doesn't sound too cold for subtropicals like Ficus, some palms, Dracaena, Pittosporum. As you have noted, watering is easily overdone since plants use less as the temperature drops. Mites dislike high humidity and washing the leaves helps a lot. Sansevieria will grow almost anywhere.

Ask a Question