Planting fruit indoors

Reaction score
What are some easy fruits I can grow indoors during the winter months? I am going to try strawberries however, I would like more tips on other fruit that's easy to grow indoors. I love the ideal of growing year round; even indoors during the winter months. I want to have something fresh that I have grown myself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that all berries can be grown indoors. Strawberries are a great idea, but you could also plant blueberries and others. Also, as far as I know, some people grow banana trees in their houses. You'll need a lot of space and a really big container if you want to give it a try.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you have the room for large plants growing fruit indoors during winter is a great idea. I think most people grow herbs indoors because they do not require a lot of space. Watering the plants and pollination are a few of the things you would need to do to keep the garden growing. Strawberries would be a good choice.

Reaction score
I wish this is something i could do but my space is so limited so this is a thought i that i can't entertain; however i have heard that peaches and nectarines are great for growing indoors.

Reaction score
If I could grow fruit indoors I would pick strawberries first. Maybe in the future I'll get to do this. This will also save money on fruits and that way I don't have to always buy them at the grocery store.

Ask a Question