Peach Tree - Leaves Wilting & Turning Red

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I planted a peach tree last fall that was gifted to me and am completely unqualified to be trying to keep it alive. I've done some pruning, put some fertilizer on it, sprayed with some anti-bug around March but otherwise I've pretty much let it grow. Located in Dallas, TX.

In the last few weeks the leaves have started turning red. In searching around, I would guess underwatering it but I feel like the area seems pretty consistently damp - it's a moderate size hole of dirt / clay mix in an otherwise pure-clay backyard. I'm a little worried about overwatering since I don't think there's really any drainage from the clay that surrounds it. Anyway, I've put the pictures below and would love to hear any advice. Big takeaway from my research is I need to remove enough of the soil to uncover the root flare and probably get some real fertilizer, not just whatever I happened to grab at Lowe's.

Thanks in advance for any advice y'all may have!

Attachments

• Leaf_Back.jpg
    Leaf_Back.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Leaf_Front.jpg
    Leaf_Front.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 390
  • Full_Tree.jpg
    Full_Tree.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Original_Install.jpg
    Original_Install.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 157
N

NRH

I do not have an answer for you but can tell you that my peach trees planted in the similar conditions in the Dallas Fort Worth area are doing the exact same thing. Not sure if its a mineral deficiency or over watering. Due to the extreme heat during these summer months, I water them once a day in the evenings.

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I think it is from too moist soil, or the climate is not suitable for this peach variety.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Fla it down pours every afternoon so much that I am getting mushrooms on the grass, my peach tree is reddish yellow and falling off found snails on it. Do I give up or can it be saved

Ask a Question