Irony

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have a skunk problem--Pepe LePeu wants to hang out with our cats early in the morning, eating cat food and trash talking.
Since a gunshot would scare our four cats out of six of their nine lives, my husband ordered a pistol crossbow. It is silent, lethal, and even if he misses (likely) it may scare the skunk away permanently.
This is the ironic part: he ordered a pistol crossbow and Amazon shipped two Yoga mats. Is Amazon trying to mellow us out? Who would want/need/use Yoga mats when they ordered/needed/ wanted to use a crossbow pistol?
Does anyone else see the irony in ordering a lethal weapon and receiving Yoga mats?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy them. Amazon are seldom so nice with humans ... This reminds me of an article about this man living in London, who kept getting returns from Amazon customers. He notified them and they told him to keep them. Hilarious when they time how fast a human can walk from one isle to another ..

Take up yoga, @marlingardener ! There is no downside to yoga!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Does anyone else see the irony in ordering a lethal weapon and receiving Yoga mats?

I see.

1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
While I admire folks who can bend at knees, shoulders, and other body spots, I have no intention of joining a Yoga get-together to contort my aged body into pretzel shapes. There is no downside to yoga? For me, it might be extreme pain followed by a trip to the chiropractor.
The skunk has gotten a reprieve, but not a parole.
My husband had an interesting discussion with Amazon (we don't make mistakes) and after he convinced them we were not sitting cross-legged in a shrine, and really, really wanted a crossbow, Amazon gave us instructions on returning the mats. I was considering going out and beating the skunk with a rolled up yoga mat. But then, as Daren said, "Nothing quite compares to the threatened skunk's smelly calling card" we decided returning the mats was the better alternative.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Pepe LePeu wants to hang out with our cats early in the morning, eating cat food and trash talking.

Is it really trash talking? :unsure: There was one that used to come on the back porch when I fed them out there, but I switched to the brightly lit front porch and it quit coming. My cats are pretty mellow about sharing their food and I didn't really worry about them, but maybe I should have!! And you have a pack of kittens?! (You gotta get rid of that thing!)

:eek: http://www.247wildlife.com/skunkattackpets.html

http://www.247wildlife.com/skunkcontrol.html
This link has tips for helping to get rid of them, other food sources to remove besides cat food, and repellents, it's worth a read! (y)

Once all this is done, look to get a motion sensor. Skunks are nocturnal as far as when they search for food. If a bright light comes on when they enter your property, it will scare them off and you will be safer. http://www.247wildlife.com/skunkawayproperty.html

I also found that, which might be a good idea, since the cats are kept fairly close to the house. A motion activated floodlight shouldn't run you too much. (We have one on the garage.) Or maybe a solar one, we have three lining the front of the house. They gleam steady all the time, but if they pick up motion, they get a lot brighter. (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: I think they're trying to tell you something!

The Amazon has no crossbow for you.
th

You get... Yoga mats!!

th

Umm... good luck with that. :unsure:

:eek::D

No downside to a yoga mat either!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just be careful...when they say this is not a toy, they MEAN it. Mine went through a sheet of plywood and a sheetrocked wall from the OUTSIDE of the house!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Tjohn, thanks for the warning, which I will keep in mind if we get a crossbow. It seems we are not getting a crossbow any time soon. My husband was so angry after trying for an hour to get authorization to return the yoga mats that I'm not letting him near any weaponry for quite a while!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. It is NOT a toy and I am sure your lovely hubby will treat it with respect. Just last month, someone killed his neighbour with a crossbow because of the noise emanating from their house. Later, the killer committed suicide.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumsefocen

Latest Threads