Is that an oxymoron?

Old pack 400grms
New pack 300grms

P1010066.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's called shrinkflation. In order to not raise prices, companies reduce quantity in packaging. Been going on forever.

Anyone remember when Campbell's soup came in 16oz cans? They're down to 10.5 now. Adjust your recipes accordingly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is that an oxymoron?
:) definitely !

In my twenties I was a student living on a County major award, and it was quite possible. I feel sorry for anyone wanting a further education today, without rich parents it must be nigh on impossible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My point really is that it's all a bit sneaky. If you were not buying this on a regular basis, say only a few times a year, you might not notice the change in size as the pack shape and graphics are exactly the same. I noticed the same change on some bathroom cleaning spray, a couple of weeks ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
A man after my own heart, wouldn't buy bathroom cleaner regularly :)

Actually I do, as I do the shopping as my wife has MS and rarely leaves the house.
It was "on the list" with the rest of the week's shopping, so when I got home I put it next to the one in the bathroom presently in use and noticed the difference in size.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've noticed this with a lot of things too. I don't eat a lot of frozen suppers but there are nights I don't feel like cooking and pop a frozen tv dinner in the oven. I remember when they were not only bigger but tasted good, now it's a last option and I have to force feed it into me just to get rid of the hunger. Hungry man tv dinner became desperate man tv dinner lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codispdp

Latest Threads