I just laid wood chips down as mulch in my garden and I'm wondering if I'll be able to amend now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm too thick to get offended. You may call me grandma, unless you want to use ''conspiracy theorist'' I DO understand that you can't help being American. It is always good to have a laugh.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's perfectly OK - he/she hasn't upset me. He/she seems like a cool dude to this Grandma Tetters...... there's a subtle clue there!...... as an afterthought what sort is ruderunner then?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
This is my first garden. It's very small around 5x10ft. I found some wood chips on the side of the road and I used them to mulch bc weeds are coming up and I don't mind pulling weeds too much but I read a lot about mulch being good for soil microbiology. It's already got fungus on it and a surprising amount of worms in it. But after I put the wood chips on the garden and was feeling very good and satisfied with my job, it occurred to me that I might not be able to add any amendments now.

For instance say I wanna add some gypsum or feather meal or blood meal, can I add that directly on top of the wood chips? Will it make its way down into the soil or maybe get sucked up by the high carbon to N ratio of the chips? I know I have read that things with high carbon to N will pull N out of other things to create the right ratio to break stuff down. Obviously I barely know what I'm talking about, but I'm trying to learn some stuff.

Here's a photo of the finished mulching

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's perfectly OK - he/she hasn't upset me. He/she seems like a cool dude to this Grandma Tetters...... there's a subtle clue there!...... as an afterthought what sort is ruderunner then?
I was raised in the both but I live in the south now. My mother in law has trained me to say "ma'am" now. If only I had known, lol. Where are you from ma'am?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've been described as rude quite often, though I think I'm more matter of fact.
I also own a Plymouth Roadrunner so I combined the 2 names.

If you're asking about my genetics, I've never been mistaken for an XX. might have to do with my size and facial hair.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, I thought a roadrunner was a bird
1681763085950.png
like this. So Mr Roadrunner, you must have one of those posh yankee doodle cars then. Matter of fact is fine!!
Tetley was the name of my little Yorkie. When he died, I decided to work at Yorkie rescue in his name, and re-homed 30 little dogs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
3 dogs is our limit, but the 3 might weigh as much as 30 yorkies. 2 pitbull mixes and a husky rottie mix.

The car is actually named after the pictured cartoon, marketing genius there. Posh they weren't, for the first few years, roll up rear windows were an option!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 dogs is our limit, but the 3 might weigh as much as 30 yorkies. 2 pitbull mixes and a husky rottie mix.

The car is actually named after the pictured cartoon, marketing genius there. Posh they weren't, for the first few years, roll up rear windows were an option!
I didn't keep all 30 at the same time. I took care of them as they came to the rescue. Gave each of them the care they needed, vet treatments to make them well, grooming, sometimes training, and took active part in looking for the right forever homes for them. They were all individual, with individual needs, and it was hard work, but so very rewarding. Two of them stayed here. Nobody wanted them as they were a bit bigger, and had pretty awful behaviour problems (through no fault of their own) They became wonderful friends, and we have lost them both over the last two years, which is proving to be very hard to accept.

Ask a Question