I Got Sunshine On a Cloudy Day

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Who am I to correct the Temptations' grammar?

Anyway, we're in something like a 5-day rain pattern right now ("yay" for some of us, "boo" for others), and I thought I'd post a pic (or four) of the good that I see through the dreariness, and invite others to do the same.

This is a view from my backyard (trees courtesy of my neighbor). Anyone know the name of the tree in the closer-up pic? I identify these as "some kind of cherry tree, maybe" as I identify every big bird as "some kind of hawk, I guess." The flower buds are my never-say-'die'-gazanias.

IMG_0264.JPG
buds_3.jpg
gazania_bud_1.jpg
gazania_buds_1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Who am I to correct the Temptations' grammar?

Anyway, we're in something like a 5-day rain pattern right now ("yay" for some of us, "boo" for others), and I thought I'd post a pic (or four) of the good that I see through the dreariness, and invite others to do the same.

This is a view from my backyard (trees courtesy of my neighbor). Anyone know the name of the tree in the closer-up pic? I identify these as "some kind of cherry tree, maybe" as I identify every big bird as "some kind of hawk, I guess." The flower buds are my never-say-'die'-gazanias.

View attachment 11646 View attachment 11647 View attachment 11648 View attachment 11649
The trees are Redbuds, probably Oklahoma redbuds, common over a lot of Texas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The tree in the closeup is a redbud? I was sure the one to the right of it with the darker flowers was a redbud, but I thought this one was a different tree. Its flowers are different, anyway. Both pink trees are redbuds?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The tree in the closeup is a redbud? I was sure the one to the right of it with the darker flowers was a redbud, but I thought this one was a different tree. Its flowers are different, anyway. Both pink trees are redbuds?
The big tree is a redbud. The smaller one is a peach tree

Reaction score
Beautiful peach tree :) I grew up in a house with several peach trees, they have the most beautiful blooms :) I hope your neighbor's one bears really sweet and delicious fruit. Ours didn't do so well in that department.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures. I saw a few buds on my walk the other day. Things are just beginning to come to life here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh my goodness, these are absolutely beautiful! My soul sings Spring :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm not believing this. It's early March. I normally wouldn't plant anything in the ground until April 1. This started from seed indoors.

Thanks, everyone, for the info on the peach tree. Now I can start saying, "Looks like some kind of peach tree".

first_cuke_3.jpg

Reaction score
The view of your garden is gorgeous! Are those Cherry Blossoms in the photos? My mother had a similar tree and I believe it was a Cherry Blossom. Regardless, the pink flowers are gorgeous. I would love to have something like this in my garden. Your flower blossoms are coming in beautifully as well. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thing are starting to pop up in the wet lands, the wild rose are getting green ans the skunk cabbage are stating to poke their tip out of the ground looks like the wet lands will start to bloom by early April.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
my star magnolias are blooming. lots of my mini daffs are up, along with crocus, and then early daffs. Got a good couple hundred, at quick count of the taller daffs blooming. and three hundred of the mini daffs.

Ask a Question