how best to transplant

Reaction score
I will be most grateful if anyone is able to tell me what is the tree and shrub in the attached photos and what is the best way to transplant each of them to another location in the backyard (I need to make room for a garden shed).
thank you in advance
Amos

Attachments

• IMG_9029.JPG
    IMG_9029.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_9030.JPG
    IMG_9030.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 360
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Amos, we need to know where you are. Transplanting in Texas is ideally done in the fall so the roots can get established without fighting our summer heat. In the north, transplanting is done in spring, so the roots get established before the cold/freeze sets in.
Basic rules of transplanting--dig a big hole before digging out the plant; dig as much of the root ball with soil attached as possible; water thoroughly at planting time and then daily for about 10 days if it doesn't rain a 1/2" or more; and shade the plant if possible for the first two or three days.
I can't identify the shrub or tree from the photos, but someone more knowledgeable will likely be able to tell you what they are.

Reaction score
thank you for your advice
We live in Melbourne, Australia and are in the midst of early spring. the summer can be quite hot and we do not experience freezing temperatures (winter nights are at worse 38F)
So i guess waiting for our southern hemisphere autumn makes most sense

Ask a Question