Honeydew Plant:Leaves having brown spots

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I've been growing a honeydew plant indoors and it's been growing pretty good for a little bit over a month. Then starting 2 days ago the edge of the leaves started turning brown and became really crinkly. Now some of the leaves have these brown spots and I would really like to know what's going on. Also it's only the bottom leaves being affected

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 510
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Usually every 3 days but recently it was away from the window so it didn't receive as much sunlight. Do you think it could be due to overwatering?
That would be my thought. Melons like it in well drained soil and do not like wet feet. That's why most commercial melons are grown in semi-arid areas in sandy type soils.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That would be my thought. Melons like it in well drained soil and do not like wet feet. That's why most commercial melons are grown in semi-arid areas in sandy type soils.
So an update I've decreased the amount of water the plant is receiving and have given it more sunlight but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I've trimmed off the affected leaves that don't seem to be healthy anymore. The plant is still growing and developing new leaves however some of the leaves are turning soft and fragile and the tips of some of the vines have shriveled up. Do you still think it's a watering problem and if so how long do you think it'd take before the problem gets fixed ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So an update I've decreased the amount of water the plant is receiving and have given it more sunlight but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I've trimmed off the affected leaves that don't seem to be healthy anymore. The plant is still growing and developing new leaves however some of the leaves are turning soft and fragile and the tips of some of the vines have shriveled up. Do you still think it's a watering problem and if so how long do you think it'd take before the problem gets fixed ?
Gently remove the plant from the pot if you can and look at the roots. They should be a light color, kind of whitish, and pliable. Stick you finger into the side of the root ball and see how wet it actually is deep inside. I still think it is a water issue and only time will tell, how long I can't say

Ask a Question