Health benefits of common herbs we all use.

Reaction score
I'm not sure! Try the Prevention magazine website, they have a nutrition and exercise program that will get your metabolism going and help you to shed fat. I lost 45 lbs using that plan.

Reaction score
Whoa, thanks for the list! I'm going to take note of these and give these to my grandmother. She really needs a good list of herbs to take note of, haha. Thanks!

Reaction score
So much time and money is wasted on OTC medications, so much is available in our gardens or refrigerators that can do the same thing and cost so much less. I have really enjoyed reading all of the different remedies.

Reaction score
Ginger helps symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection, cough, bronchitis, arthritis, menstrual cramps, and muscle pain. Ginger is really good for high blood pressure and acid reflux as well. Ginger can be used either in your food, as a drink or tea.... I love the taste of ginger!!! :p

Reaction score
I love knowing the benefits of the things I eat. My dream is to have an entire garden of herbs and delicious fruits and veggies. :]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Ginger helps symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection, cough, bronchitis, arthritis, menstrual cramps, and muscle pain. Ginger is really good for high blood pressure and acid reflux as well. Ginger can be used either in your food, as a drink or tea.... I love the taste of ginger!!! :p
I didn't know that ginger is good for menstrual cramps. I think I should give it a try. Unfortunately, I really hate the taste of ginger, so it will be hard for me to force myself to add it to my food. I once tried ginger tea and I must say that it was awful:confused:

Reaction score

Ooooh. Definitely going to have to investigate that. Not the hugest fan of raw ginger flavor (like you get with sushi), but there are lots of ways to eat it, so I'll have to squirrel away a couple of recipes for three weeks from now ;)

Reaction score
I didn't know that ginger is good for menstrual cramps. I think I should give it a try. Unfortunately, I really hate the taste of ginger, so it will be hard for me to force myself to add it to my food. I once tried ginger tea and I must say that it was awful:confused:
Ginger has been efficacious in palliating inflammation and pain, and it can avail alleviate the pain associated with menstrual cramps. Ginger additionally is utilized for nausea and an upset stomach, symptoms that sometimes accompany menstruation. I have been drinking the tea many times for menstrual cramps and stomach aches resulting from gas. Drinking ginger tea has helped me a lot and I can't recall when last I had any menstrual cramps. :D

Reaction score
Great chart. Cinnamon is also good for stabilizing your blood sugar level as well. I did not know that thyme was connected with the respiratory muscles. Since the twins both have asthma I need to do more research on this. Thank you so much happyflowerlady!
Cinnamon is also good to prevent bloating and flatulence. It can be used to treat heartburn and nausea.

Reaction score
Great chart. Cinnamon is also good for stabilizing your blood sugar level as well. I did not know that thyme was connected with the respiratory muscles. Since the twins both have asthma I need to do more research on this. Thank you so much happyflowerlady!
Cinnamon is also good to prevent bloating and flatulence. It can be used to treat heartburn and nausea. Cinnamon helps with lost of appetite, common cold, fight against bacterial and fungal infections.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing. We eat a lot of garlic in my home and I swear that it is the cure all for everything. We hardly ever get sick since I began implementing garlic to our diets. I have no proof that this is why we don't get sick, but it is a coincidence for sure.

Reaction score
I'm currently using an aromatherapy sprays that is made with herbs, I don't know what herbs exactly, because my mom removed the label! But I can tell there is some Melissa herb in there! It's used to help with insomnia... to my surprise it truly does!!!!! I'm not having trouble falling asleep every single night!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm currently using an aromatherapy sprays that is made with herbs, I don't know what herbs exactly, because my mom removed the label! But I can tell there is some Melissa herb in there! It's used to help with insomnia... to my surprise it truly does!!!!! I'm not having trouble falling asleep every single night!
This sounds like a great product. I wonder if it's available in my country. My boyfriend suffers from a severe insomnia, he has trouble falling asleep even if he's very tired. Maybe a spray like this could help him. On the other hand, I know that he tried drinking Melissa tea before going to bed and it didn't work for him at all:(

Ask a Question