Grow Lights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thinking of moving several plants inside again this Winter.

Found a Grow Light that sets on a Pedestal and Fans out over the plants.

Good but it is only 25W is this enough?

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Watts don't make the plants grow, what matters is the amount of full spectrum lumens it produces, and coverage.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It got so hot where I am I had to bring my plants indoors and put them under LEDs. The heat is burning the foliage and drying the soil out too quickly. The lights are off right now because I run them at night to keep the temps down. When the lights come on tonight I will take a photo to show you big rockpile. I run two of them 12/12 and the draw is only 260 watts. The plants love growing indoors under the lights.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are 2 low-price-dimmable 130-watt LEDs in an indoor grow area. When Winter comes I may add another light to keep the area warm. I run these starting at 1:30 in the morning until 1:30 in the afternoon to keep the heat to a minimum. They're really not that hot and easy to use however they still warm up. So I think anything over 300 watts may be too hot to run and keep the AC running non-stop.
IMG_6404.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't remember Watts but we had 3 lights on House Plants last Winter they only liked one.

I got Grow Lights for our Greenhouse to burn when I need more light.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watts don't make the plants grow, what matters is the amount of full spectrum lumens it produces, and coverage.
How do you explain the more Watts used plants produced better? Using Full Spectrum Lights. Why if you're not interested in it producing why use Full Spectrum?

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How do you explain the more Watts used plants produced better? Using Full Spectrum Lights. Why if you're not interested in it producing why use Full Spectrum?

big rockpile
You have a point, I mostly only grow cannabis under my grow lights (other then starting seedlings before transferring to the garden) so all the info I have studied over the years is based on cannabis. Maybe it doesn't matter if you are simply looking to keep a plant alive without concern of it producing. Although if non-full spectrum lights do that it would make more sense to just use cheap regular LED or florescent lightbulbs. But you are right, I don't know anything about that I only know what works for cannabis and what doesn't. I should probably mention it's completely legal here for anyone to grow cannabis inside or outside lol.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have a point, I mostly only grow cannabis under my grow lights (other then starting seedlings before transferring to the garden) so all the info I have studied over the years is based on cannabis. Maybe it doesn't matter if you are simply looking to keep a plant alive without concern of it producing. Although if non-full spectrum lights do that it would make more sense to just use cheap regular LED or florescent lightbulbs. But you are right, I don't know anything about that I only know what works for cannabis and what doesn't. I should probably mention it's completely legal here for anyone to grow cannabis inside or outside lol.

It's legal here to but a person can glean knowledge from Cannabis and other plants. Just most other seed don't run $10+ per seed.

A large Grow Light can run Thousands of dollars.

I think the light I was looking at will work. I'm thinking of moving my Tropical Plants inside just to.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have placed many plants in offices that used only fluorescent lighting for about 10 hrs a day. Believe it or not, the topical plants thrived in those office conditions. Back then most light systems then used cool Blue bands or daylight Red band spectrum bulbs.

The LEDS today kicks a__ compared to those old fluorescent fixtures. The LEDs above are only 130 watts each and are very cheap. When I see new leaves that means the plants are growing. That's why I use them because they work well and are very cheap to own and run. I don't think using a screw in 25 watt light can do much rockpile.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have placed many plants in offices that used only fluorescent lighting for about 10 hrs a day. Believe it or not, the topical plants thrived in those office conditions. Back then most light systems then used cool Blue bands or daylight Red band spectrum bulbs.

The LEDS today kicks a__ compared to those old fluorescent fixtures. The LEDs above are only 130 watts each and are very cheap. When I see new leaves that means the plants are growing. That's why I use them because they work well and are very cheap to own and run. I don't think using a screw in 25 watt light can do much rockpile.
The Lights we used last Winter two were Red plants didn't like them but they liked White.

They were Full Spectrum LED.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's really why I like these. The white light spectrum seems to spread farther distance.

Ask a Question